We are building Padhaaई platform, an ed-tech social initiative to make quality Padhaai possible for every student in India. Padhaaई is free, smart and fun. Our ‘A Million Dreams’ campaign for Padhaaई aims to benefit a million students every year. It doesn't matter who you are! As an equalizer, Padhaaई is bridging gaps and leveling the playing field, making quality educational experiences available to all. This is your platform– supported by you, benefited by you. You make it possible!
Padhaaई is backed by Team Gurucool.
Started in January 2019 By few students studying in Delhi, Gurucool is an educational networking platform that offers a suite of tools to connect learners and educators. With the vision to make education great, our team’s journey includes:
- Building an open educational networking site
- Organised 100+ free events & workshops
- 5 Personalised educational centres & a learning cafe
- Have around 2 Lac followers across different social media platforms
- Connected 5000+ learners & educators
- Supported 10+ social initiatives like Co-Give20, JMI Help, GharPeEid, The Parking Kids Project, Pharmacy in Yemen etc.
How are we democratising education?
All ed-tech companies follow a simple logic: spend millions in creating content, make users pay and earn 10x profits. Instead, we are bringing together the best content from the best of open sources and educators like Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, Yale, Edureka, Freecodecamp.org, Dear Sir, PhysicsWallah, Crash Course etc. We are curating 1500+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) for K-12, Competitive Exams & Skill India. Efforts are also made towards developing 500+ Test Series & Study Materials. We have created Telegram-like Classroom Groups for searching, sorting and storing education-related material. ‘Padhaaई’ platform also has Q&A Space for productive discussions and doubt-clearance.
Why do we need funds?
- Technology (App/Web/UI & UX/Server): Our technology team consists of 8 members. Even though we are almost ready with App & Website with Gurucool’s help, we intend to keep improvising technology and user experience.
- Content Development (Courses/Test Series/Study Material/Articles): Currently, we have 18 people working tirelessly to develop and curate contents for Padhaaई. We intend to bring in more educators and professionals to create and curate to cover the needs of students in regional languages.
- Collaboration With State Governments (Travelling/Workshops): We were piloting Padhaaई in 10 colleges across Bihar. Within a month, we would have launched it across the state followed by Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and other Indian states. But the 2nd wave hit– and it hit so badly and suddenly! We will continue our pilots in these states so as to reach as many students as possible.
- Marketing & Promotion (Digital Marketing/Events & Seminars/Masterclass): Every week we are organising free webinars and live sessions with industry-experts, professionals and aspiring leaders to foster education, innovation and collaboration among students. In the next 3 months, We intend to organise 50+ events, workshops and seminars on different topics, in different campuses and with different educators.
- Operations, Debt & Miscellaneous: We have a rented workspace for our 40+ strong team. It costs us 32k per month (with electricity). Our team leaders have been working selflessly on Padhaaई for the last 6 months and we have accumulated some 1 Lac debt even after self-funding this project for so long due to our workspace, huge design & technology expenditures, events & sessions and Padhaaई Bihar pilot.
Be a part of the change, support and make Padhaaई possible!
Hakuna Matata :)