Why am I fundraising?
For six years I've been feeding and rescuing dogs and cats on the streets of Bangalore, everything paid from my own money.
I'd like to raise funds in order to help more animals in need.
What do I plan to do with the funds?Feed 20 stray dogs every day and get them medical help as and when required.
1. How do I know this is legit?A. I have been working with animals in India (Bangalore) since 2009. My work with stray dogs has been reported in Bangalore Mirror and The Times of India. I also run a dog shelter at home in Karthik Nagar, Bangalore. To me, this is a passion.
2. Why do you need this money?
A. For six years, I have fed stray dogs every day in the Karthik Nagar area (during holidays, I hire help for feeding) and this entire effort has been self-funded. I have also sterilized and vaccinated these dogs. This puts a significant strain on my finances, given that my only source of income is my private dog-training and boarding practice.
3. What specific costs will my contribution cover?
A. My monthly expense for feeding 20 stray dogs is approximately Rs. 10,000. I cook a meal consisting of rice, chicken and Pedigree dog food (one meal a day). This, plus the fuel expenses come to Rs. 320 a day. While traveling, I hire help for feeding and pay them, depending upon the duration of the exercise. The money raised will go entirely towards covering these costs.
4. Will you be keeping any money as a fee for your efforts?
A. No. I have a private dog-boarding and training practice that pays my bills. Feeding stray dogs is something I do out of my love for animals.
5. Tell us a bit about yourself.
A. I am a German national, working in Bangalore since 2009 as an animal rights activist. Apart from feeding stray dogs, I also run an animal-rescue Whatsapp group called D.A.R.T (Daring Animal Rescue Team).