What is the film about?
"SOLD" The Film (http://www.soldthemovie.com/)
Executive Produced by Emma Thompson. By Jane Charles and Jeffrey Brown
Every year, millions of children disappear. They are trafficked and sold as slaves, for sex and for labor. Based on the award-winning international best-seller by Patricia McCormick, our film SOLD tells the inspiring story of a Nepalese girl who is trafficked and forced to work in a brothel in India.
We have completed the film and now we need YOUR help! We made SOLD as a tool for change. Human trafficking plagues every country on every continent, so we need YOUR SUPPORT to get this film seen in Indian theatres.
With your help, we want to expand the theatrical distribution of the film across India and share this story in Hindi/Bengali. We want to bring with it the #TaughtNotTrafficked campaign to prevent human trafficking through education. Educating a child until the age of 16 reduces their risk of being trafficked by 80%. Educating a child until the age of 16 reduces their risk of being trafficked by 80%. So please come and contribute as little as Rs. 500 ($25) or more to help us get this movie in Indian theatres.
With your contribution, SOLD will open in another major city in India to shine a bright light on human trafficking.
How will the funds be utilized?
Your contribution will be used to:
- Release the film across major cities in India
- Share the story in Hindi and Bengali too so it reaches a wider audience
- Launch a campaign to promote and eventize our distribution in theaters
- Galvanize anti-trafficking organizations, community groups, rotary clubs, religious congregations, and philanthropists to support on-the-ground organizations fighting trafficking
SOLD’s Accomplishments And Awards to date:
- Jury Award, Best Narrative Feature: AFME, New Mexico
- Audience Award, Best Feature: London Indian Film Festival, UK
- Audience Award, Best Feature: River to River, Florence, Italy
What is the impact of the film?
- Making SOLD has united change makers and inspired the creation of Stolenyouth.org in Seattle, which
aims to end child trafficking in Washington State. Stolen Youth now supports four Seattle
based antitrafficking organizations and has pioneered a successful model that can be replicated
throughout the country in conjunction with the release of the film.
- SOLD was screened to political leaders and anti-trafficking organizations in Nepal to launch the #TaughtNotTrafficked campaign sponsored by UNICEF: http://www.childreach.org.uk/TaughtNotTrafficked/
- In Seattle, SOLD opened and closed a four-day conference on trafficking in the US attended by all fifty attorneys general and hosted by a group of our supporters.
- Our animated trailer has been used at across America by the Airline ambassadors to help train airport personnel to recognize and prevent trafficking.
Your support is critical to help our film reach a wide audience in India; the broader our release, the more vulnerable children we can help with our campaign. SOLD will make a difference long after its theatrical and video distribution by becoming an educational abolitionist tool on high school and college campuses globally.
Please join us and become a part of the solution. Thank you so much from the entire SOLD team for your financial support, which will enable our film to fully realize its mission: to create awareness and work to end child trafficking worldwide.