Why am I fundraising?
In New Delhi, the humble public toilet goes by any number of names: wall, footpath, tree, abandoned car, occupied car. Women seem to make it through the day without needing to use the footpath for anything other than its intended purpose. I have seen rich men getting out of their big cars and peeing in full public view. One day India may still become a First World nation, but we’ll still pee where we want to.
I often find myself in situation where I have to search for the nearest Public Convenience, which is difficult when nature calls. I want people to be able to search the nearest restroom from their Smartphone. Every Public Convenience will be personally reviewed by the team and ratings will be given accordingly. Also, the type and the services available at the Public Convenience will also be mentioned. There are some similar Apps on the Google Play Store; however, these Apps does not offer all the services and does not have mich toilets listed. Additionally, vandalism and vulgar graffiti can also be reported by the users.
Washrooms which are not being maintained properly will be reported regularly to the authorities to make them more pleasant to use.
What do I plan to do with the funds?
All the funds would go towards development of the application, infrastructure and the cost of travelling to the different locations. Infrastructure would include platform for development, server cost and website maintenance. We plan to send regular updates to the backers to let them know where the money is being spent. All the backers will receive personalised thank you cards in the email and honourable mention on the website and where ever the camapaign is being promoted.
- The app would use the Smartphone's GPS to locate the nearest Public Convenience.
- Individuals can also drop a pin on a Public Convenience. However, the same will be posted after it has been reviewed.
- Users would also be able to post their reviews, which will be posted instantly.
- Hours of operation will be mentioned.
- Cost to use the service will be posted.
- The restrooms will be rated on cleanliness and services available.
- Information regarding the type of toilet will listed (Mall/Restaurant/Sulabh/Free Public Toilets)
- We are open to feedback. Please feel free to drop in your comments.