Archana is hearing impaired, and can hear only about 40%. This has further impacted her speech. With the help of hearing aids, she can hear much better, and this has only motivated her to do more and pursue her dreams. She is hoping to open her very own school and college for the hearing impaired.
With this in mind, she has started a company called 'Silent Expedition-SE'. The vision is to create more opportunities for the hearing impaired to explore the self and the world!
- Fulfilling the vision by giving people with all kinds of disabilities opportunities within their reach to explore the self and the world
- To bring about inclusion by spreading awareness about the different forms of communication, non-verbal language, art, sculpture, travelling, riding and driving.
- For female riders to shine in a male dominated riding world. And for this community to discover, and go beyond their boundaries, even if the journey is silent.
When: April 22nd to 30th May 2018
The purpose of this trip is
- Spread awareness about the vision and mission of SE.
- A call to more females to take up motorcycling, travel and explore.
- Bring in inclusion – between the hearing impaired and the rest of the community
- Be the first hearing-impaired rider to do an 8000 km bike trip accompanied by one person.
- Conduct art workshops and session where possible en-route.