Dhananjay Shelar (age – 38years) has been diagnosed with “ Hepatitis B “ in 2009 & some in 2014 he has been seen severe effects of the same on his health which is deteriorating drastically as the day passes.
This person is working as a Security Guard where he earns INR 7600/- per month & he has a family to support (Wife & 3 children).
The health is become so bad that he has been vomiting & fainting very frequently due to which he gets admitted in the hospital very often where he needs to be on saline… The liver condition has gone bad; food cannot be digested; intestines are also not in the best of functional capacity.
Due to his employment his hospitalization expenses are being covered by the mediclaim policy however, there are TOO MANY EXPENSES WHICH THE SMART MEDICLAIM COMPANIES DO NOT COVER like the medical tests has been a very big expense for him which he has to bear on his own:-
· especially HBV Viral Load which needs to be done every 6 months costs INR 7750/- every time he does the test. This is just one of it.
· He has a citi scan that needs to be done once e very year which costs him INR 1750/- in KEM else any private place will cost him more than INR 5000/-
· Then comes sonography which has to be done at least once every quarter or may be once every month depending on the health condition which costs him INR 500/- in KEM else INR 2500/- in private places.
· LFT & KFT has to be done every month which costs him INR 1700/-
· HBEAG test needs to be done every quarter which costs INR 800/-
· Medicines that he consumes costs him INR 2700/- for the subsidized ones promoted by govt. else INR 7300/- for the normal ones purchased from any pharmacy.
All of the above would be a sum of INR 78k to 80k per annum.
This is not IT…!!!
ESIC PGIMSR & MODEL HOSPITAL CUM ODC is where he has been taking his treatments so far & where they do not have the required equipments the case is then given to KEM hospital where the major treatments are done … Lately, there has been a hepatitis septate cyst in his liver which was 8cms few months back & now become 12.6cms
Due to this; he had to undergo UGISCOPY which costed him INR 14000/-
This overall has eaten away his entire year’s salary as he has ended up spending more than INR 94000/- only on the above mentioned expenses…
We all know the reality that the actual expenses are lot more than what is visible because there are so many expenses which are hidden & petty like in nature but when you actually start accounting for it becomes a large sum…!!!
In the above mentioned; the actual part what I still haven’t highlighted is that HIS HEALTH is still not been well taken care by the doctors…!! There have been instances where his case has been taken very lightly & not treated with the intensity of seriousness which they should have…
They have observed the viral count going hay wire during some days … The funny part is the reports show an instance of very low count once & suddenly a very high count in the second time… This high & low trend is very confusing which the doctors are unable to identify the reason behind…
The Total Bilirubin goes high & low frequently …!!!
The Liver cyst has been a dangerous sign & to top it up he is unable to eat, drink or function like a normal person…
Any time he vomits blood which is scary & any time he would faint OR become unconscious which is dangerous…!!!
Family is obviously going to through a turbulent time currently & if he stops working (which is very likely with the current health condition) he will not able to either incur expenses NOR will he be able to support his family…
Here is a case for which we need help of TWO TYPES:
1. A good doctor who can handle his case & ensure proper guidance.
2. Financial support to undergo such an expensive treatment.