- There haven’t been any weddings in the village in over 20 years now. There have been only two weddings in the village in two decades. It is popular as the village of bachelors. They have heard of things like fridges, air conditioners, and washing machines, but the mere thought of using them is a distant dream. A few have mobile phones. They have to walk 2 km to nearest town to get them charged,”
- Authorities have their explanations ready for leaving Rajghat devoid of any development efforts. ‘It lies in National Chambal Sanctuary especially earmarked by the government for protection of critically endangered gharial and the Ganges river dolphin. Being in forest area, there can be no construction within 500 meters of the river. No roads can be built’.
- AQUASURE MAXIMA 4000 PRODUCT FEATURES:
- 1. Virus kill – Total protection from Virus, Bacteria & harmful chemicals
- 2. 1 Year Cartridge life – India’s first storage water purifier with 4000 liters of cartridge life
- 3. Auto Shut Off – For your safety stops flow of water at the end of the cartridge life. Ensures “Safe water No water” for your family
- 4. Genuine Safety – Contains U.S.E.P.A. registered disinfection resin technology for the safest drinking water purification 5. Toughened Body – This product comes to you with a high quality food grade and toughened body, ready to take on day to day rigors of your life. 6. No need to boil water - No running water, no electricity required.
Cost per household
No. Of Households
Solar Home Lighting System for each home
Water Purifier for each home*
Rs. 3000/- approx.
- Installation of Drinking Water and Electricity solutions shall be initiated and completed as soon as we start receiving funds, in batches of 10 each. (to save on installation and training costs)
- KarmaKonnect will monitor the functioning of both the solutions and the stories of change and development will be communicated regularly to donors periodically. Any additional funds from the project shall be used to help health emergencies or providing the same solutions to neighboring villages. Detailed accounts from the project will be promptly given to all donors.
- Water quality will be monitored every year by taking water samples and getting them tested to make sure the filters are effective. Any corrective steps if needed will be instantly taken. Yearly filter changes shall be managed by KarmaKonnect
- KarmaKonnect team will be training local youth in the maintenance of the solar/water units. The youth shall also be trained/encouraged to sell these units in neighboring villages in the future as an entrepreneurship venture
- ALL DONATIONS ARE 50% tax-exempted under the KarmaKonnect Foundation vide its 80(G) certificate. Please reach out to Drumi@Karmakonnect.org for the same.