Help Bharani for a BMT operation

Ask for an update



At Stripes
We fund research and support families to access clinical trials for children.


The Stripes Thalassemia Patient Fund is launching an urgent Appeal for Bharani.  Below his father explains why:

"Bharani is 4 yrs and has been fighting for his life since 2012 .Since his diagnosis with stage 4 Beta thalassemia, one of the most aggressive childhood cancers, Bharani has been going through blood transfusions from 6 months of his life till today. He has to go to the hospital every 10 day's once for blood transfusions. He has gone through 3 surgery's.  His suffering has been indescribable and more than any child should endure. Bharani has gone through his HLA typing on 2 ND May 2016 and the results are positive. The donor is none other that his own sister.  We have found a perfect match to save Bharani's life. He has to go in for Bone Marrow Transplant .
As soon as possible. His date for the next transfusion has been fixed on the 27th....till the time he goes through BMT,  transfusions have to be continued every 10 days once.BMT is the final option to save Bharani's life.

 We are reaching out to our friends, our family and the public to support us with raising money for his treatment in  Chennai. We need to raise  10 lacs. for the BMT and Post Transplant Care 5 lacs . Bharani would be in the hospital for  a year after his BMT.

Your generosity will help to give Bharani  a chance to grow up with his sisters and find happiness again outside of hospital.'

His parents, Murugan and Muniammalgreatly appreciate any support.

Appeal terms and Conditions

All donations are paid into Stripes general funds to further its general charitable purposes. The funds raised by this Appeal are not restricted for the child's use. However, the trustees of Stripes Thalassemia Patient Fund have agreed to designate 85% of funds raised by this Appeal to help the child and their family pay for treatment costs and all other associated costs including travel and accommodation. We will use the remaining 15% to pay for Stripes Thalassemia Patient Fund's administrative and fundraising costs. If the child no longer needs the fund and  if the fundraising target is exceeded or insufficient funds are raised to fund the treatment, or if the trustees decide, at their absolute discretion, that the funds should be used for a different purpose, they may redesignate all or part of the 85% for Stripes general charitable purposes.  We are very grateful for your charitable donation.

For further information about Stripes Thalassemia Patient Fund and how we spend donations,...

You can call us or write to us @ 9551055000/8754923737

Managing Trustee
Gavin Route

Ask the campaign organizer

comments powered by Disqus
raised of Rs.1,500,000 goal

3 Supporters

0 Days to go

Payment options: Online, cheque/cash pickups

Beneficiary: Stripes - NGO info_outline
Only INR donations accepted

Supporters (3)

Lorraine donated Rs.3,000

Lorraine Ashok from Madhavaram

jason donated Rs.2,500

Jason and Sonya

Alfred donated Rs.2,500