Myself Sushmita Guha, a helping hand to ANIMAL HELPLINE SILIGURI, an only working hands in the city... am trying to raise adequate funds for the shelter, so as to provide a more well-equipped and increase the admittance capacity of the shelter.
Presently, we have been rescuing all animals in distress, some who have been run over by speeding vehicles, some pedigree ones who have been abandoned by their family, cows who have been hit in roads or lost their ways, birds who are hit or attacked, rehabilitating birds and snakes in wildlife... with an admittance facility of accomodating 50 animals...But, with every passing day, we have more calls to attend, but due to lack of adequate space, we cannot rescue them... and leaving them in the roads, means leaving them to die... but with heavy heart we get bound to.
So now, seeing this esteemed fund raising app as a channel to raise required funds, we have come to seek some financial aid from you kind hearted followers in Milaap.
What we do:
▪ Rescue Animals in Distress.
▪ First-Aid in case of Emergency and If needed also get them operated under proper supervision and vet consultation.
▪ Anti- Rabies Vaccination Drive.
▪ Animal Birth Control(ABC) Camps for Strays to keep the dog population in strict control.
▪Awareness Drives to educate people of their responsibilities and animal rights that the constitution amd law embeds on them.
▪ Work with wildlife rescues and rehabilitation, i.e, eagle, owl, snakes, and other reptiles.
▪Adoption Camps for Strays.
And now seeing our immediate needs, we are planning to renovate our shelter, and we have planned our budget as per the following needs:
• Make kennels to increase admittance capacity by a minimum of 30 more animals - 56000/-
• Permanent Structures with electrical fittings - 55000/-
• Animal Ambulance(Second Hand) - 80000/-
• A well equipped Operation Theatre (With AC, Refrigerator) - 120000/-
• Concrete Boundary Wall and Gate, to avoid escape of animals - 280000/-
Our facebook page: