Dear Friends,Thank you very much for responding to our request!
Words cannot express how happy we are that you have chosen to make a contribution to our campaign to raise funds for the NGO we are supporting. This is the best wedding gift for us. Thank you!
The funds you donate will be utilized towards:
- Infrastructure development of girls rehabilitation centre
- Sponsorship of students
- Supplementary support to girl’s hostel (nutrition, education and health)
Asif & Sabia
Overview of the NGO:
Chiguru, established in 1998, is a child focused, dedicated nonprofit registered society, having its headquarters at Magadi about 50 kms from Bangalore. Its vision is to eliminate child labour and to protect the rights of the children.
Chiguru has also worked with support from UNICEF, CRY, SKN, ILP and GoK in elimination of child labour and provided access to children to education.
Chiguru has been recognized for its efforts and has been honoured with MAKKLA MITHRA (ChildFriend) award from Government of Karnataka for elimination of child labour in Magadi Taluk and Best Child Rights Activist award by Child Help Line.
Chiguru aims at:
- Releasing child labor from an oppressive, exploitative, hazardous work environment.
- Rehabilitating them by providing access to education. Stressing the importance of a carefree childhood education for children, rooting for 100% enrollment and 100% retention in schools.
- Raising public awareness about child labor, abuse and violence and other injustice meted to children.
- Reaching out to all deprived children, in general, and those in and around Magadi, in particular, to enable them to realize their full potential.
- Changing the social attitudes towards child related issues from charitable mode to right based approach.
- Networking with other NGOs, government departments and UNICEF to fight this social curse.
- Empowering children especially girl children, women and community at large by focusing on child rights and the need to nurture them for the all-around progress of the community.
- To emerge as a strong link between those who need support and those are willing to support it.