Note: INR donations will receive 100% tax exemption under section 35 A C. All Donors will receive the tax exemption receipts upon completion of the campaign.
What is the Project
Simplistically, the project aims timely diagnosis of heart diseases especially in rural India via use of technologically advanced, medically sufficient & financially prudent Medical Vans. The vans are proposed to be designed in consultation with senior heart doctors to ensure they adher to highest medical & safety standards and to have aspirational but not intimidating ambience for acceptability with rural patients.
Why the Project
It is ironical that the project requires explanation when heart diseases are the reason for highest number of deaths in India. About 30% of total deaths (medical + non medical) in India are attributed to heart diseases
- Spread of heart disease is not limited to Urban Population only. Government figures describe prevalence in rural population at similar rates
- More than 95% of heart care hospitals & approximate 100% of heart doctors are in urban areas.
- In India 50% of heart related diseases occur at the age less than 70 years against the comparable data of less than 22% deaths due to heart issues in developed countries.
- Most heart related diseases can be cured/ quality of improved if diagnosed at the right age.
Why not a treatment centre in rural areas
- Heart Treatment requires specialist intervention while Diagnosis can be done with the help of good machines by trained staff.
- Requires substantially more financial resources and operational expertise for proper utilisation.
- Heart Treatment if diagnosed in normal course does not require emergency treatment. Patient has time to avail specialist care at nearby urban centre.
- Quality – We intend to provide the benchmark diagnostics to the patients. However providing similar level of treatment with current limited resources is difficult.
We appeal to you to help us bring the project to life. We would love to share detailed operational & financials plan with you and provide you with answers to any questions you may have.