Shri Devrajji Gundecha's Punarvas Special School & Vocational Training Centre for Mentally Handicapped was established in 1981 at Goregaon. More than 500 million people in the world Handicapped, having Physical, Mental, Sensory Impairments or Mental difficulties, are prevented from becoming useful members of our community. We, at Punarvas, have tackled this problem by importing Educational, Diagnostic & Vocational Services for the mentally challenged by specially trained personnel thereby laying a foundation for them to be integrated in the society.
What services we offer at the school:
- Educational Diagnosis & Assessment Individualized Education Programme (IEP)
- Practical Life Training Programmes (Social Skills, Basic Living Skills & Knowledge, Art & Craft, Leisure Time Activities, Music, Sports).
- Medical Management-Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychiatric Counselling, Psychological Assessment.
- Parent/Family-Guidance & Counselling.
- Vocational Training.
- Dissemination of information on mental retardation, its Causes, Prevention & Rehabilitation of the Mentally Handicapped.
- Reaching out our services to persons whom such facilities are not accessible.
- Mobilizing support of the Government, Public Bodies, Trusts and National & International Societies for the welfare of the Mentally Handicapped.
- Raising funds for the Welfare of the Mentally Handicapped.
- Working for producing appropriate Medical & Teaching professionals for the Care & Education of the Mentally Handicapped.