For any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Raabta - Covid Care Centers for Children
The hundreds of children who have lost their primary caretakers to COVID 19, those with COVID positive parents unable to look after them, and those living in orphanages and childcare centers require immediate care. Extended family, even when being able and willing to help, gets prevented from taking care of the children due to the nature of the pandemic.
This fundraiser aims to provide a safe home for children affected and separately for those infected by COVID 19. The need to raise funds is immediate and urgent. Over the past few days, fifteen children have found shelter under the care and protection of these homes. People have been voicing out the need to accommodate several children.
Your contribution will help support these structures by keeping the children safe and healthy until they can be reunited with family or find permanent homes.
Karnataka is one of the most badly hit states due to the covid pandemic. Studying at Christ University located in the heart of Karnataka. The state has been welcoming and homely to us, a home away from home, and has tended our needs with its resources. It remains in our moral duty to help the people overcome the catastrophic circumstance.
Being part of the unreckonable Youth, we should be the primary pillar for the entire country to help it get back on its feet. Even if you are unable to donate, you can help support the cause by sharing it with your friends and family.
Disclaimer- This fundraiser is not officially organized or affiliated by the University but rather by students of the University.
Quarantine Centre1: upto 32 children for ages 6 - 11 for boys and girls
Quarantine Centre 2: upto 40 children for ages 11-18 for girls
Quarantine Centre 3: upto 40 children for ages 11-18 for boys
Covid Care Centre: upto 60 children for ages 6-18 for boys and girls
Funding Requirements for CHILD CCC (current capacity 50 children at any time for four months. Will cater to 400 children over a period of four months):
Cost per Quarantine Centre is approximately Rs. 25 lakhs to set up and operate for 4 months (total Rs. 75 lakhs)
Cost for Children’s Covid Care Centre for infected children is approximately Rs. 85 lakhs to Rs. 1 crore to set up and operate for 4 months.
All four facilities have been given the Fit Facility certificate under sec.51(1) of Juvenile Justice Care and Protection Act, 2015 from the Child Welfare Committee- Bengaluru, Urban.
Who are we?
We are a collaboration between Dream India Network (DIN), Motherhood Hospitals, Rainbow Hospitals, Aahan Vaahan, Whitefield Rising, child welfare experts, and well-wishers to provide immediate and appropriate care to children affected and infected by COVID.
- Dream India Network (DIN) - DreamIndiaNetwork.net - DIN set up quarantine centers supported by Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives till September 2020. Re-starting because of the need in the second phase
- Will set up, staff and run the centres. They will also be in charge of all permissions and approvals for all the centres.
- Motherhood Hospitals - motherhoodindia.com
- They will provide remote medical guidance, advice on the protocols to be followed at the center, and train the on-site clinical staff.
- Rainbow Children's Hospitals - RainbowHospitals.in
- Rainbow will be the point of contact if any of the children need advanced care in a hospital setting.
- Aahan Vaahan: A group of an alumnus of NLSIU, Bangalore who successfully helped close to 2000 migrant workers and family members get back home during the first wave of the crisis, by chartering 10 flights within a month. Mission Aahan Vaahan will now focus on helping children affected by the pandemic in various ways due to the crisis.
- Aahan Vaahan will be raising funds for Whitefield Rising and DIN.
- Whitefield Rising - whitefieldrising.org - We are back on COVID relief again after phase one, actively looking to help COVID patients with bed access, oxygen access and any and all kinds of support such as helping set up a dedicated COVID care center for Bangalore City Police in Kadugodi - https://twitter.com/cpblr/status/1388411723900620804?s=21
- Assist in raising funds and provide support to DIN as required.