For any queries, please email: email@example.com
The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted us in ways we did not imagine. Through it all we the students of St.Joseph’s College have put in as much effort as we can to help the community. With another lockdown being announced by the Karnataka government we would like to bring your attention to an overlooked cause.
There are hundreds of children who have lost their primary caretakers to COVID 19, those with COVID positive parents unable to look after them, and those living in orphanages and childcare centers require immediate care. Extended family, often can not step in to help in fear of exposure to the virus. These children need our immediate help.
Under Project Raabta we aim to provide financial assistance to organizations working towards setting up dedicated Quarantine and COVID Care Centers for children at the project. With the ongoing lockdown offering support to the children has become extremely important.
This fundraiser aims to provide a safe home for children affected and separately for those infected by COVID 19. The need to raise funds is immediate and urgent. Over the past few days, fifteen children have found shelter under the care and protection of these homes. People have been voicing out the need to accommodate several children.
Your contribution will help support these structures by keeping the children safe and healthy until they can be reunited with family or find permanent homes.
One of the most heartbreaking aspects of the pandemic is that it is tearing families apart. Protecting children who have lost the adults in their lives is an immediate priority. Here are the initiatives you can support to keep these little ones safe and healthy, till they can be reunited with family or in permanent homes.
The need to raise funds is immediate and urgent since over the past few days fifteen children are already under the care and protection of these homes. Requests for several more children have already been received.
This initiative is under the guidance and support from the Child Protection team (Child Welfare Committee) of the Government of Karnataka, to set up dedicated Quarantine and COVID Care Centers for children.
Disclaimer- This fundraiser is not officially organized or affiliated by St. Joseph's College but rather by students of the institution.
Quarantine Centre1: upto 32 children for ages 6 - 11 for boys and girls
Quarantine Centre 2: upto 40 children for ages 11-18 for girls
Quarantine Centre 3: upto 40 children for ages 11-18 for boys
Covid Care Centre: upto 60 children for ages 6-18 for boys and girls
Funding Requirements for CHILD CCC (current capacity 50 children at any time for four months. Will cater to 400 children over a period of four months):
Cost per Quarantine Centre is approximately Rs. 25 lakhs to set up and operate for 4 months (total Rs. 75 lakhs)
Cost for Children’s Covid Care Centre for infected children is approximately Rs. 85 lakhs to Rs. 1 crore to set up and operate for 4 months.
All four facilities have been given the Fit Facility certificate under sec.51(1) of Juvenile Justice Care and Protection Act, 2015 from the Child Welfare Committee- Bengaluru, Urban.
Duroflex has already delivered over 150 mattresses for the centers and we thank them for their generosity.
Who are we?
We are a collaboration between Dream India Network (DIN), Motherhood Hospitals, Rainbow Hospitals, Aahan Vaahan, Whitefield Rising, child welfare experts, and well-wishers to provide immediate and appropriate care to children affected and infected by COVID.
- Dream India Network (DIN) - DreamIndiaNetwork.net - DIN set up quarantine centers supported by Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives till September 2020. Re-starting because of the need in the second phase
- Will set up, staff and run the centres. They will also be in charge of all permissions and approvals for all the centres.
- Motherhood Hospitals - motherhoodindia.com
- They will provide remote medical guidance, advice on the protocols to be followed at the center, and train the on-site clinical staff.
- Rainbow Children's Hospitals - RainbowHospitals.in
- Rainbow will be the point of contact if any of the children need advanced care in a hospital setting.
- Aahan Vaahan: A group of an alumnus of NLSIU, Bangalore who successfully helped close to 2000 migrant workers and family members get back home during the first wave of the crisis, by chartering 10 flights within a month. Mission Aahan Vaahan will now focus on helping children affected by the pandemic in various ways due to the crisis.
- Aahan Vaahan will be raising funds for Whitefield Rising and DIN.