For any queries, please email: email@example.com
There are hundreds of children who have lost their primary caretakers, one parent or both parents to COVID 19. There are also children whose parents are currently ailing and are not able to look after them, and children who live in orphanages and childcare centers, in need of immediate care .
This initiative is under the guidance and support from the Child Protection team (Child Welfare Committee) of the Government of Karnataka, to set up dedicated Quarantine and COVID Care Centers for children.
- Quarantine Centre1: upto 32 children for ages 6 - 11 for boys and girls
- Quarantine Centre 2: upto 40 children for ages 11-18 for girls
- Quarantine Centre 3: upto 40 children for ages 11-18 for boys
- Covid Care Centre: upto 60 children for ages 6-18 for boys and girls
Cost for Children’s Covid Care Centre for infected children is approximately Rs. 85 lakhs to Rs. 1 crore to set up and operate for 4 months.
Who are we?
We are a collaboration between Dream India Network (DIN), Motherhood Hospitals, Rainbow Hospitals, Aahan Vaahan, Whitefield Rising, child welfare experts, and well-wishers to provide immediate and appropriate care to children affected and infected by COVID.
- Dream India Network (DIN) - DreamIndiaNetwork.net - DIN set up quarantine centers supported by Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives till September 2020. Re-starting because of the need in the second phase
- Will set up, staff and run the centres. They will also be in charge of all permissions and approvals for all the centres.
- Motherhood Hospitals - motherhoodindia.com
- They will provide remote medical guidance, advice on the protocols to be followed at the center, and train the on-site clinical staff.
- Rainbow Children's Hospitals - RainbowHospitals.in
- Rainbow will be the point of contact if any of the children need advanced care in a hospital setting.
- Aahan Vaahan: A group of an alumnus of NLSIU, Bangalore who successfully helped close to 2000 migrant workers and family members get back home during the first wave of the crisis, by chartering 10 flights within a month. Mission Aahan Vaahan will now focus on helping children affected by the pandemic in various ways due to the crisis.
- Aahan Vaahan will be raising funds for Whitefield Rising and DIN.
- Whitefield Rising - whitefieldrising.org - We are back on COVID relief again after phase one, actively looking to help COVID patients with bed access, oxygen access and any and all kinds of support such as helping set up a dedicated COVID care center for Bangalore City Police in Kadugodi - https://twitter.com/cpblr/status/1388411723900620804?s=21
- Assist in raising funds and provide support to DIN as required.