Quote- “For all children to have an equal chance to make the most of their potential, innovation must also meet the needs and advance the rights of those who have the least. In the light of this unfolding context, Ankur Computer Center (ACC) has positioned itself to provide a fair chance in discovering the potential of children from Delhi’s most deprived sections and making computer education accessible to them. It has stepped aside from the voluntary organizations usual mode of basic engagement with the children to a courageous approach of bringing technology within the easy reach of the children from the slums." Click here to read the entire report
GOALS BASED ON THE RESEARCH PROJECT
"Vision to see that every child at Ankur Computer Center is lifted out of poverty and has a secure future to face the world.
1. Job-Oriented Computer Education
2. Career Counseling and Life Skills Building
3. Additional Activities at ACC (Sports, Art, Music, Drama,Debates, Multi-disciplinary Educational Activities)
4. Children to Children Linkages (Inter-School Activities)
5. Involvement of the Parents (Monthly Parent Teacher Meetings)
6. Opportunities in Corporates and other Organizations (Job Placement)
7. Family Care Groups
8. Educating on Rights and Creating Awareness in the Community
9. Advancing the cause of the "Girl Child"
10. Adult Education for non-literate parents
Ankur invites you to spend a day with our children. We are always in need of volunteers to help teach these children, especially English speaking volunteers, so please come and give your time and help them learn from you. For more information you can write to us: email@example.com