Help to Develop Rural Talent
Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation. –John F. Kennedy
Objective of the Funding/Project:
- UP has the largest number of students but quality of education in rural areas is way below the desired level due to lack of awareness on importance of education, lack of guidance , absence of clarity in students’ mind on future career path. Prayas is working to make the students and parents to understand the importance of education, resolving their queries through their Help Line, career counseling workshops, helping them in studies through a dedicated team of volunteers. Prayas has been regularly organizing the Student Interaction Programs, regular workshops/interaction programs on Skill development, Job opportunities and Entrepreneurship.
- To help and guide the students from class 9th onwards about courses and their prep root, so that students can get aware and prepare from early stages.
- Helping and motivating the students to participate in various competitive examinations as per their interest and skill set.
- Share regular information with students about various courses, scholarship and skill development programs being run by the Government and other institutions.
- Providing the required study material to the students helping them in study or in the preparation of competitive exams.