I am Sasmita, here to request fund for my brother Prakash Dalai for his ongoing treatment on post Covid complications. He is suffering from Pneumothorax, Lungs fibrosis/infections and in CCU with external O2 support.
Prakash has always been a jovial, friendly, and helping individual. He works in Gurugram since last 3 years and hails from a family who are serving society and the nation. His grandfather is an ex-sarpanch and father is leader in Odia Samaj in Jamshedpur helping mass education and development. Our family lives in Cuttack, Odisha. He was all set to get married in May, 21 and we were blessed to see him happy, unfortunately Covid wave2 ailment devastated his life and shattered our family. We are praying God to save him and return to us and his soulmate.
Please contact any of following numbers for latest update/queries.
For Direct help UPI/Gpay/Phonepe:
6361478168 / 7978030857
Bikash Dalai – Brother (7978030857) – Patient Attendant
Pabitra Dalai – Father (8709395667) – Patient Attendant
Sasmita Dalai (Sister) –( 6361478168)
Braja Kishor Samal (Brother in law) ( 6361478168)
Around 75 lakh rupees have already been spent over the last 1.5 months for the critical and timely treatments for Prakash. The funds were arranged from friends/relatives/loans which we would not be able to return in lifetime and in exchange of all our property/jewellery. We pulled and knocked at all possible resources and options to fight for this valuable life and we are now helpless.
1.Prakash initially diagnosed with Covid +ve on 23rd April and moved to isolation in Gurgram.
2.His Spo2 dropped to 80 on 28th April and admitted to an oxygen bed hospital in Faridabad after a prolonged search and after 2 days his condition deteriorated (SPo2 dropped to 40) and the CT value was 22/25.
3. He was shifted to another hospital with ICU after 2 days-long search. We could not find a better hospital with ventilator in NCR and the patient suffered several days with less oxygen supply and without proper healthcare.
4.We planned to move him using air ambulance to our native Odisha looking at the tragic situation in Delhi NCR ( lack of good covid care facility and oxygen scarcity, Manpower/attendant issue)
5. The Patient was admitted in a private hospital ICU in Cuttack Odisha and a good pulmonologist from SCB looked after him.
6. His condition improved, we were hopeful that he will be discharged from the hospital soon, unfortunately he developed pain in chest and Dr diagnosed Air leakage(Pneumothorax) and fibrosis in lungs and inserted chest tubes for relief.
7. Even after 3 weeks of pneumothorax the leakage not stopping. He was transferred to KIMS, Bhubaneswar followed by Apollo Bhubaneswar for further treatment.
8. With all the latest diagnosis, Dr. advising a major surgery to help with lung fibrosis and pneumothorax issues and a lung transplant as the final option to be prepared for.
9. There is no ECMO facility available in Odisha and the Thoracic surgery is major and life threatening and Dr suggesting to transfer Hyd/Chennai.
The whole family and relatives are going through tough times mentally and financially, carrying a high amount of financial loans and debts, We are now empty handed to think of options to save his life. I request with folded hands to save our hero and save the drowning family.
There are 6 more family members (including Mother/uncle/sister) tested positive who were helping the patient during Covid and the infection chain is still active in the family network.
The fund arranged through this platform will be utilized in following ways:
To spend for ongoing treatment to save Prakash and help with loans and debts spent already.
Here are apx spent over last 1.5 months:
ICU/Ventilator charges : 30 Lakhs
Medicines: 5 Lakhs
Air Ambulance(Delhi-BBSR): 20 Lakhs
Oxygen/Ambulance and miscellaneous: 5 Lakhs
Air ambulance(BBSR-Chennai): 20 Lakh
Thoracoscopy: 10 Lakh
Post surgery care : 10 Lakh
Miscellaneous: above and all
Thank you All. Your help means a lot for us how small that may be! Please reach out to us for any query or information. We will keep you updated on the condition and progress.