- acute conservation of water including wastewater recycling and
- creating an environment to keep away air borne& soil borne diseases
Excessive water usage
Water recycling and reduced water consumption
Harmful pesticides and insecticides
Harmful chemical fertilizers
100% organic fertilizers formed naturally by fish and good bacteria
Reduced freshness & soggy when bought in the supermarket
Its live and fresh until it is cut. Using a newly developed organic root sealing method to keep the greens fresh and alive
Soil nutrient depletion when farmed continuously
Will never use the natural soil. Instead we use soil less media which are completely natural. Hence soil nutrient depletion is zero !
No refrigeration required. Fresh greens if not used will last upto 10 days without becoming soggy! thus saving refrigeration costs.
Slow growth, nutrient deficiency & adulterated
Upto 25% faster growth due to optimized protected environment, natural and organic additives hence very nutritious, and minimal human interference, as most processes are automated, hence achieve zero adulteration
Trust & reliability
An open invitation to visit our farm to have a first hand look (with a prior appointment) & high degree of automation to achieve close to 100% reliability
Future growth and increased productivity
This project is only a PoC, interested individuals can meet us and actively build and run new units at your choice of place. We will support you fully.
Local farmers are not able to make money because of several issues including climate change, middlemen, severe market rate fluctuation. This PoC demonstrates the ability to eliminate all the above issues, as we plan to convert this into a commercial cooperative movement through Farmer Produce Organizations (FPOs). Read my blog - https://beingshameless2.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/hi-tech-horticulture-is-this-the-future-of-food-security/
- Buying locally from your local farmer allows you to support local agriculture. This means that the food you are eating comes from nearby, and does not require us to waste lots of energy and petroleum to ship the food halfway around the world. You are eating food in your own environment, where it has perfectly-created nutrients for your specific climate and region. You are also supporting the environment by reducing the usage of fossil fuels.
- Cheaper Organic Fruits & Veggies - The advantage at a farmers market is that you can actually talk to the farmer, learn about their methods, and then decide for yourself and in most cases they will allow you to come and visit their farm.
- Supporting Your Local Economy & Farmers - You are supporting human beings and the local economy, not massive agribusiness GMO food conglomerates. Not only will your money be staying in your area, but you will happily please the farmer that worked to grow that food.
- Safer Foods - Food from your local farmers market is generally safer. Remember the recent outbreaks of E. coli in bagged spinach? These things happen mostly in large industrial settings, where business-men work to mass produce food, preserve it and bag it in mass amounts.
- As light as fresh - The food from your local farmers market is, quite frankly, fresher. Because it was grown locally. This is virtually impossible in a big supermarket.
- Better Taste - There is no doubt that locally-grown foods just simply taste better as they are 100% organic in our case. You will never be able to eat spinach from the grocery store again!
- It’s Healthy! - There’s just no way around it. When we grow food in a organic way, the plant immune system is at its best, no diseases catch up the plant, thus local grown veggies are great for your health.