The flagship event for the Foundation is the Military Heritage Week planned for August 2017
Please see the events planned, what they would feature and the expenditure estimated given below.
- Battle re-enactment and heritage walk in April 2017 to celebrate the Battle of Adyar that took place 270 years ago and is considered a landmark event in Indian military history for having conceptualized the creation of sepoy armies which eventually led to the formation of the modern Indian Army. Organised in association with the Directorate of National Cadet Corps (NCC), and enacted by cadets of the NCC on the coastal stretch where the battle actually took place, the event was attended by nearly a 100-strong crowd generating immense public interest in India’s military history.
- Two events were hosted in collaboration with Alliance Française of Madras and attended by very large audiences of both young and old -
- A presentation by a former Air Attache at Paris on ‘How Europe remembers Indian Soldiers of the World Wars’ in early February 2017 and
- The screening of the movie, ‘Farewell My Indian Soldier’ (a docu-fiction on Indian Soldiers in France & Flanders during World War I by the Paris-based Indian film maker Vijay Singh) followed by a conversational session between the producer and renowned Indian movie maker Mani Ratnam in late February 2017.
- A military history exhibition and painting contest for children (with the theme ‘My image of the Indian Armed Forces’) in October 2016 which was attended by hundreds of school children and their parents,
- A well-attended public function when the Foundation’s website www.coloursofglory.org was launched by the General Officer Commanding, Dakshin Bharat Area in August 2016.