His condition quickly escalated (due to excessive urinary bleeding and pain) sending him to the ICU, and requiring immediate emergency surgery at Regal General Hospital, where they performed the following:
- Removed 1.2 liters of blood clots
- Several blood transfusions due to a blood infection
- Daily treatment and monitoring of his blood counts and additional blood transfusions, as needed
He will continue treatment at Regal Hospital, and is currently preparing his body for the next major operation, including:
- Removal of the large tumor and three smaller tumors
- Most likely the removal of his entire bladder; they will make a determination if it can be salvaged while he is on the table
- Diagnosis of the extent of the cancer beyond the limited visibility in the scans (to see how far it has spread)
- Determination of next course of action, and future treatments (i.e. chemo, radiation, etc.)
As many of you know, health care in India (especially in this particular case) is difficult in terms coordination, transportation, food, access to medications, proper treatment, and bill payments- all of which are out of pocket expenses.
Any support for Michael during this difficult journey is much appreciated. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. God Bless!