Our total area of the intervention will be 255 Gram Panchayats coming under 26 Blocks strewn in 5 Subdivisions of Murshidabad which are more or less prone to trafficking due to dominating poor socio-economic condition of the rural communities. Murshidabad comprises population of 1334 per sqkm and their main sources of earnings are agriculture, Migrant labour and bidi rolling. Still there are impediments in availability of financial resources and opportunities for sustainable livelihood. Therefore, Murshidabad is considered as one of the most backward districts of West Bengal.
It is very much evident that main bread earner of impoverished families especially the main male members often found migrated from the district for thriving their lifestyle. They are deserting their women counterparts in the family to look after the offsprings.
Fragile economic condition in the family is also conjured with various gender based issues like considering daughters as family burden after a certain age, engaging them in toilsome domestic work, forcing them to stay out of school, espousing those girls in their early teens, selling them off for the sake of bringing economic stability in the family and more.
In the Murshidabad district adolescent girls (especially those who come under the age group of 12-19 years) are often found living with callow infatuation towards getting more lucrative life beyond their family status and rural background. They are becoming soft targets of the traffickers who keep luring and seducing those girls to satisfy their ulterior motive.
In the last one year, as many as 95, 43 and 157 cases of early marriage, trafficking and gender violence have been respectively recorded in the district of Murshidabad.
Consequently, such kind of brittle and gender based aggressive condition is justifying the identification of our area of intervention.
Reasons for migration to foreign country
Due to financial starvation in Murshidabad district Persons of this district are migrating to foreign countries.
- Lack of Industry in this district and no other source of income other than cultivation.
- For underprivileged persons of this district there is no facility for bank loan.
- Co operative system is not welorganized.
- 100 days work system is not uniform. In an average persons are getting for scope to work approx 30 days
- Per year two cultivations are there , Aman and Boro
Age to go to foreign country
- From 18/21 to 55/60 years
The worker willing to go to foreign country generally contracts a broker. Person may have educational qualification or not but he doesnot know how to travel in foreign country. As per the idea of broker he prepares himself generally by the agreement;
- Payment of 1 lakh to 1.5 Lakh rupees.
- Work for 3 years.
- Responsibility to enroll VISA
- Ship tkt to go to foreign country.
- Medical report to go to foreign country.
- 15/20 days to halt to Mumbai from medical report to the date of journey
Financial loan with high interest
What KARNASUBARNA WELFARE SOCIETY can do
A) Awareness Camp on the basis of migrant labour and VISA related document etc.
B) Arrangement to return dead bodies from Gulf country to their family
C) Leadership Training / empowerment training and free education for neglected family.
- AWARENESS CAMP
Location of Awareness camp
Gram Panchayet, School, Mosjid Committee, Local Club, along with Block Administration or Zilla Administration
Persons can be linked with Awareness camp
Local male or female persons, Asha Karmi, Anganbari employees, school or college teachers, Panchayet members
To rescue dead body from foreign country
In connection with High Commission KWSS can arrange to rescue dead body from foreign country following official procedure
KWS ARRANGED AND RESCUED DEADBODIES FROM FOREIGN COUNTRY
DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
|Slno||Name||Address||Country where the person died||Date of Death||Date of rescue|
|1||Asatulla Sk||Purandarpur, Murshidabad||Malayasia||07.09.17||13.09.17|
|2||Vulu Sk||Dousimonpara, Berhampore, Murshidabad||Soudi Arab||19.07.17||17.09.17|
|3||Mithun Sk||Saspara, Kandi,Murshidabad||Kuwait||12.09.17||13.11.17|
|4||Kaosar Sk||Dhamali Para, Purandarpur, Kandi||Soudi Arab||18.12.18||14.02.19|
- Validity of VISA for 3months or 3 years due to Language problem.
- Travel VISA or Work VISA this should know
- What is actual Salary
Income in foreign country is 15000 to 20000 in INR (Indian currency) but in Murshidabad district income was 3/4000 rs per month- so
- He can purchase some land.
- Reconstructing mud house to Pacca house.
- Taking care for education of his children.
- Arranging for daughters marriage
- India govt. is earning foreign money.
- Standard of living is going to be high.
- VISA tenure is going to be completed, and then haltage is problem.
- They then changing broker for another job.
- Monthly income is going to be variable
- Children are becoming guardian less and leaving school.
- Early marriages of girls are increasing.
- Family problem is increasing. Resulting divorce
- Problem due to accidental death.
- Financial income becomes variable and less.
- Age related problems are there
- Practical Experience
- 45 days survey of 6 student of Netaji Subhash Open University with 4 Member of KSWS in Majhia, Samaskar ( Dighidanga ST area), Samaskar , Rangamati Chandpara and Jadupur Village under Rangamati Chandpara Gram Panchayet of Berhampore Block of Murshidabad District.
|Name of Village||Total no. of House Hold Surveyed||No. of Migrated people (mainly to Saudi Arabia)||No. of Divorcee||No. of Child Marriage||Sanitation Facility available||No. of Physically Challenged||Household with no Electricity||Rented House|
|Samaskar (only Tribals)||150||5||0||4||144||5||148||23|