Today, after a month into their third grade, kids have have begun to epitomize the value of community. (Harini teaching friends in her group)
The data from academic year 2016-2018 can be found below.
Reading level (English) growth - 0.7 years
Reading level (Tamil) growth - 1 year
Growth in math mastery - 47%
Children demonstrate values of the class without teacher reinforcement. They are able to make connections to what they have learnt to themselves and their future goals.
Our Vision for this year :
"We envision our class to be the democratic republic of Begumpura, a community where we support and seek support from each other and other stakeholders to achieve our goals"
( When we discussed about what an ideal Rangarajapuram would look like)
We want to envision our class to be a utopian community of Begumpura (a place written about by Sant Ravidas to be one that has no sorrow and where everyone is equal) and reimagine and work towards an ideal egalitarian Rangarajapuram, the community we live in. We are co-creating a constitution for our class and the management system would mimic that of a democratic government with everyone taking up different roles. We will be demonstrating the values of community, courage and awareness towards reaching our goals not limited to academics.We seek your partnership in working towards this vision.
We are raising funds to repopulate the school library which was mostly destroyed in the Chennai floods in addition to
- Resources like worksheets, short books, stationery items, etc for the academic year.
- Electronics - a PC and a projector
- Fee for olympiad and other competitions ( I enroll all interested kids for any event)
- Classroom infrastructure - painting the classroom and getting a white board
- Field trips for kids 3-5 times in the year
- Enrollment in art, dance and other extra curricular classes
- End of year showcase - TEDx like forum in school with children, community leaders and educators sharing their ideas of education
30 Little humans and a large human of CPS Rangarajapuram
<Check out #LittleHumansOfCPSRangarajapuram on facebook for a peek into our journey>
If you have any queries, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9487964451.