LECIN's Founder - Nupur Bhardwaj, during a Parent-Facilitator Meetup at 91 Springboard, Okhla.
About Let's Educate Children In Need (LECIN) :
Let’s Educate Children In Need (LECIN) is a Delhi-NCR based non-profit organization which envisions to create self directed and liberal learning spaces for children in India. Till now LECIN has impacted over 1500 children from different slums of Delhi.
About LEARN WITH FUN :
LEARN WITH FUN is a community school started by Nupur Bhardwaj and Ankush Panwar (co-founders of LECIN) with an aim to provide quality and affordable education to the children living in slums of Okhla.
Our classes are divided into three categories :
1. A kindergarten school for children of age 3-6years
2. After school-tuition classes for children of Class 1-8th
3. After school-tuition classes for children of class 9-10th
In order to make learning FUN for children, we will be using games, audio-visuals, theatre, art n craft in our classroom.
LECIN has been teaching 50 children in Sanjay colony, Okhla for last 3 years, but due to lack of our own space, we were not able to deliver sessions effectively and regularly. Earlier, the classes were held in a community temple.
Children during Christmas Celebration'19
Children during an Art n Craft session (Kalakriti)
Exposure trip to CSIR-IDIG, Sukhdev Vihar
Our Annual Cultural Festival - Unnati'18
Practising meditation before we begin with our class
Our plan is enrol atleast 300 children in the school by the end of this year. To make this dream turn into reality, we require resources and funds.
Why do we need funds?
1. Monthly rent of school - ₹25,000 X 12 months = ₹3,00,000
2. Electricity bill - ₹1500 X 12 months = ₹18,000
3. Classroom resources - ₹3000 X 12 months = ₹36,000
4. Salary and Travel expenses of 4-5 Facilitators - ₹30,000 X 12 months = ₹3,60,000
Your small contribution can make a big change in someone's life.