Why am I fundraising?
Computer science is like writing. You don't learn to write to be an author. Its going to be the same with computer science. If we do not take the knowledge to the poorest of the poor it will be injustice to them. Computer science is not only about programming it is about systematic thinking. There is a well laid out curriculum available at code.org for children from 4+ to 18 years of age.I will be using the funds to purchase
1. Three used laptops, on which I will run code.org's code studio.
2. A portable projector
3. A portable internet connection, like tata docomo.
4. Activity material like - scissors, glue, printouts etc
1. I already volunteer to teach at a children home, I have two batches the juniors and seniors. There are 6 juniors from 7-10 years olds and 4 seniors from 10 to 12 years old.2. The items (laptops etc) purchased will be in my possession. I will carry it with me for the classes and bring it back with me.
3. There will be 3 hours per week for each batch of kids.
4. Other folks interested in teaching and joining the efforts are welcome.
5. I am open to teach a larger number, if folks want to organize.