I'm a student and have become a volunteer within the NGO Hamari Pahchan
This initiative comes under the Drishti project that began in a single room in the year 2014 that helps to empower children through soft skills training and education.
I joined this project and initiative "Gadgetshala" and become a volunteer to accomplish its goals because it inspired and enlightened me on the situation on how many students don’t have the mandatory equipment to educate and coach themselves particularly throughout the Covid-19 pandemic where classes are shifted online which not only crippled these children education but also their prospects. It also showed the one largest casualties of this pandemic are the students who could afford these luxuries we take for granted as almost 45 % of people in India don’t even have internet let alone a laptop for their educational use. This caused the students to not continue their education but to try to find and undertake work which increased child labor which was the last resort for many of these families. This is where Gadgetshala comes in. With this initiative, we are trying to assist these children to access digital products that can boost and create a meaningful online learning environment. Facilitate underprivileged children receive not only basic education which is a basic right but provide the means such as textbooks, online courses, laptops, etc to educate themselves to change and improve their lives in the present and future for themselves and the country. To assist them to accomplish their dreams and aspirations and spread this charitable cause into the consecutive generations to come.
We have enabled a few areas with internet facilities. Our plan of action is to establish and provide a full library to these underprivileged students equipped with gadgets.
- 1 Laptop costs around Rs. 25,000.
- 1 Tablet costs around Rs. 10,000.
- 1 Computer costs around Rs. 25000
- 1 Mobile Van costs around Rs. 5,00,000
- Internet facilities
- Smart gadgets like mobile phones, laptops, and computers.
- A mobile van to make this “ GADGETSHALA” accessible in various areas.
- Your valuable time to teach these children.
You can follow Hamari Pahchan on social media:-
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joinhamaripahchan/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hamaripahchan
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngo_hamaripahchan/?igshid=1skvuzdnrsu18
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.cn/company/hamari-pahchan?trk=similar-pages_result-card_full-click