- The classroom of V B at the Chennai Corporation Primary School, Koyambedu includes 49 charming and highly talented children from an underprivileged community. These kids are inspired to explore and learn about the world around them.
- The classroom was intervened by Teach For India fellows 3 years back and the kids had a good growth in different areas including reading comprehension, writing, math, science, sports.
- The kids started participating actively in inter-school competitions and extra-curricular activities
- Significant growth in the parental investment and encouragement for the kids in the community
- 39 kids participated in around 31 events at Chennai Students Kondattam, an inter-school competition for Teach For India children out of which 14 children have won prizes for competitions including Trinto Trinto, Ad Zap, Group Song, poster making and other competitions.
- One of our kids, S.Guruchitra secured International Rank 13 and National Rank 4 in the International English Olympiad. We also had 2 kids securing International Rank 175.
- Provide excellent resources, worksheets, books, study materials and other resources for children to improve their academic performance.
- Organizing educational trips as an opportunity to build access & exposure among the children
- Student-led community impact projects focused on Equality and other challenge areas like Alcoholism.
- Special ARTS Training & Workshops for children in the areas of their own interest in extra-curricular activities there by increased the active participation of children in intra-school and inter-school activities to build confidence. This ARTS training is also used for the Community Projects as a medium for awareness.
- Hosting regular Student Showcases where students can get an opportunity to spread awareness about various issues bothering their community. The Arts training would be helpful here.
Kindly help us in achieving our vision by donating on this fundraising page.
Your donation will be helpful to us in these major areas:
- Educational Trips [we are planning for 2 field trips next year]
- Printing worksheets/study materials
- Books related to technology/adventures/language/math [The kids love reading!]
- Stationery requirement for kids [Pen, pencil, geometry box]
- Basic amenities [Bags/Footwear]
Reach Out To Us
If you wish to get more updates about the classroom or other queries please reach out to, Sriram - email@example.com