My name is Jeny Joseph Leon Lopez, I live in Bengaluru. I have been an animal activist - fighting for rights of animals - wild animals, zoo animals, working animals, pet animals and stray animals . I have been caring for stray dogs and homeless cats for over 25 years. Currently, I house 61 rescued dogs, 20 cats and feed another 400 plus stray dogs, some abandoned cows in South Bangalore, India. Each such animal in my care is fed daily, vaccinated, sterilized, and taken to the vet when there is a need. It’s the sick, disabled or terminally ill animals that I find routinely on my trips to feed that end up as inmates in the 2 rented houses that have become a shelter n sanctuary.
The two rented houses are a shelter & sanctuary to animals of different species who had suffered illness & injury, different degrees of human indifference & brutality. Often in very critical condition, with just a few days to live, I take them home, nurse them back to health and give them ample reason to live. Some of them move on to forever homes (by getting adopted by kind humans), but those that no one want, stay on and became part of my family.
I worked as senior IT professional for last couple of decades. I was managing the entire vast operations on her own till now with her salary earnings as an IT professional. I lost my job in March when the IT industry was hit by the impact of Covid. I don’t have any source of income now. I have exhausted all my savings in the past 6 months trying to maintain the vast operations. I am humbly requesting to please help me to go through this catastrophic situation. I have been continuously looking for another job. In the meantime, I need your help to continue doing the best that I can for the animals under my care. A small annual or one-time amount can help a big deal.
Funds are specifically and urgently needed for the following:
1. Dog and Cat food (Including special therapy diet food for sick dogs) plus street dog food @ 70,000/- per month for 6 months = Rs 4.2 Lakhs
2. Veterinary bills (treatments, surgeries, vaccinations & hopsitalisations) - excluding long pending overdue bills @ Rs 50,000/- per month = Rs 3 lakhs
3. Shelter Rent for 2 houses @ Rs 60,000/- per month for 6 months
4. Electricity and Water bills @Rs 6,000/- = Rs 36,000/- for 6 months
5. Helpers and assistants salaries @ Rs 51,000/- per month = Rs 3.06 Lakhs for 6 months
6. Funds to acquire a piece of land to initiate a permanent self-sustainable shelter in a low-cost rural area for the future: Rs 75 Lakhs approximately
The estimates given above are bare minimum estimates - vaccinations, sterilizations and many other incidental expenses have not been added.
All expenses of the funds utilized will be transparently shared with all donors. For the future, we need to build a low cost space, and create a self-sustainable facility for the care and treatment of helpless animals.
I humbly request all kind and compassionate souls to help me raise funds to continue my work and help me feed and care for 400+ animals. Please donate generously to save hundreds of abandoned, sick, crippled, and aged animals - their caregiver and mother is a never say die person, who needs all of you to now step up and support her to do more.