The Govt. Senior Secondary School in Kheri Radan, Sikar is situated in a rural area of the Thar desert in Rajasthan, India. The school has about 282 students from Kheri Radan and nearby villages out of which about 200 are girls. The literacy rate in Kheri Radan is about 64% for women as per a census done in 2011. The school recently was upgraded from Secondary to Senior Secondary status in 2014-15 and as part of this upgrade, started offering science (Math, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as a subject after 10th standard (for ages 13 and over).
Why we seek your help
With basic computer skills becoming an fundamental requirement for any job in today’s world, computer literacy is now equally important as any other subject in a school curriculum. With this in mind, the GSS school in Kheri Radan is taking baby steps towards including Computer Science as a subject in its curriculum. The Govt. of Rajasthan is encouraging this initiative by creating a new opening for computer teachers in schools. However, significant investment is still required before the school can start offering computer science programmes.
The school requires a fully functional computer lab (new room attached to the existing school buildings to be constructed), computers, air conditioning for the lab and other equipments (like tables, chairs etc) before offering computer classes to students. With very limited access to funds and Government grants, the school is now trying to raise money through crowdfunding and hopes that you will be able to help towards this noble cause. This initiative will go a long way towards improving literacy, especially among girls in rural Rajasthan.
How can you help
Thank you for reading this far. You can help in a lot of ways:
- By making your valuable contribution to this crowdfunding page in Milaap. Any amount that you can provide will go a long way to help realise this dream.
- If you are interested in this project and would like to help in a more direct manner, you can also contact the Principal Mr Ramniwas (Ph: +91 9460835534, email: email@example.com)
- If you are a contractor who is in the construction sector and can help with low cost construction.
- If you would like to donate computer science textbooks
- If you would like to donate equipment like tables/chairs, computers, computer accessories like keyboards/mouse etc
- Anything else that you can think of which will help this become a reality
How the funds will be spent
A break-up of the budget plan for this project is provided under supporting documents.
In summary, the funds will be used to:
- Construct a Computer Lab room attached to the existing school building (please refer to the attached blueprint copy of the proposed computer laboratory under supporting documents)
- Pay for the electrical work required for the lab
- Pay for computers and accessories
- Pay for the air conditioning required for the lab.
The detailed break-up of the expenses along with the receipts for the work done for this project will be uploaded periodically in this page.
Should you, at any point in time, require further details about the project, please contact the Principal Mr Ramniwas (Ph: +91 9460835534, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)