There are countless number of children in India who have lost both their parents and are subjected to unimaginable hardships everyday. It is only a tiny percentage of these children that reside in shelter homes and orphanages, where they receive the basic minimum living standards for children in India.
Unfortunately, these children are affected by a number of problems here which are mainly due to the fact that they have access to very little resources and are neglected by the society. The biggest problem faced by them is the lack of proper guidance and opportunities regarding their education. Most children do not receive education beyond the primary or high school level and usually end up back in poverty once they leave the shelter home.
So, we, students of Govt. Engineering College,Bartonhill Thiruvanathapuram founded a small organization named 'Inspire' to improve the life of these kids. Inspire works in 10 shelter homes of Trivandrum as if now and conducts regular educational and social activity sessions to help the children in their education and holistic development.
Every year, Inspire conducts a 3 day camp for these children with an aim to provide our kids with experiences and opportunities that they will otherwise, never receive. Inspire Camp is a small step towards self-reliance and potential realization. It's an effort to identify the hidden talents of our children and help them develop these on a long-term basis. Inspire Camp lets our children develop skills, explore their strengths, overcome their weaknesses, discuss challenges, participate in adventures and more. We believe that every child deserves such an exposure to spark a fire that builds courage and determination. We hope to provide a “best days of my life” experience to our kids
At the end of every camp, we provide the kids with an Inspire Kit that consists of all the notebooks, stationery, and other items that the kids may need for one academic year.
There are a few sessions and activities conducted in the camp-
• Inspirational sessions- Motivational talks by I.A.S. officers, career counselors, men and women who have marshaled their field of work, and various other experts, form this session.
•Educational sessions- These include interactive sessions, experiments, design of various working models etc. to truly pique a child’s curiosity and inquisitiveness.
• Team-building sessions- Aimed at developing team-work and strengthening of bonds of friendship between children through discussions, group activities and competitions.
• Informal sessions- Plenty of informal gaming and sports activities are conducted for the children, along with a magic show, a movie premiere and a musical fiesta to provide the kids with wholesome entertainment.
• Adventures- The children are taken on fun-filled excursions to different tourist spots across Trivandrum, like beaches, parks, zoos etc. Another activity called dream shopping is planned for the kids, where they are allowed to explore a shopping complex in the city, accompanied by their mentors. They are given a specific amount of money and they can buy whatever they want.
• Skill-development sessions- Various skill-development sessions, aimed at holistic development of the kids, are conducted such as painting, clay modeling, music, dancing, drama etc.
In order to make this camp a mesmerizing one for the kids , we are in need of financial assistance .No donation is small.The fund raised through this campaign will be utilized in meeting the expenses of Inspire Kit, which would be handed over to the kids at the end of the camp. We earnestly request your support and good wishes..
Please support and share my fundraising page. Thank you in advance!