Nagendrapur is a small village in South 24 Parganas in West Bangal near Sundarban Region. The village is dominated with agriculture and the poor farmers find it very difficult to sustain their lives with their little income. The village lacks the basic amenities like electricity, roads, irrigation facility, hospital, schools etc. The village has not shown any sign of development in the past few decades. One of the main reasons is education. There is hardly any school to educate the children of the poor farmers so that they can dream anything other than farming.
The Christ Church is a small school in Nagendrapur. It was started in 2015 with the intention to provide education to the unprivileged kids of Nagendrapur (and villages around) at very subsidized fees. It is not a Missionary School, as the name suggests, but it is a Primary Private School, currently imparting education from Lower Nursery to Class.4.
WHY AM I FUNDRAISING?The school was originally built of mud, wood and asbestos. With 40 kids from the village, we started imparting education in 2015. Today there are more than 120 kids in our school with 6 teachers and 1 non-teaching staff. The students are basically the kids of the poor farmers of the village, who finds it difficult to pay even a nominal monthly fee of Rs.100. Due to recent flood, the school collapsed. We again rebuilt it with mud, wood and asbestos.
We have spent enough in the past 3 years with whatever resources we had. Whatever we had we spent to build and REBUILT the school after the flood and provide with all the necessary facilities required to provide a proper education to the kids. But now the number of students is increasing and we lack proper infrastructure and space to accommodate the students. And after the flood, it worsens the condition. We don’t wish that due to lack of proper infrastructure and facilities, the kids stop coming to school or stop availing education which is necessary for everyone. Please help and support us to let this not happen, because it only when we can develop the villages, we can develop our country and help it prosper.WHAT DO I PLAN TO DO WITH THE FUND?
- No proper infrastructure, except that the building is made up of mud, wood and asbestos. We wish to build concrete walls with proper windows to let fresh air circulate.
- Since there are no fans in the classroom, students face difficulty during the summer season. We wish to add fans in each class.
- During monsoon season, water drips into the classroom from the cracks in the asbestos. We wish to replace the old asbestos with new ones.
- A monthly fee of Rs.100 seems high for the poor farmers, so we wish if we could subsidize the fees to Rs.50 per month.
- We pay monthly salary of Rs.1000 to the teachers but due to less payment, the teacher quit the school without any advanced notice which hampers the class. So we wish to increase the salary so that the teachers do not act this way, helping in smooth continuity of the education.
- There is only one toilet for the whole school and this creates problem for the female students especially. So we wish to add few more toilets with proper facilities.
- We have one computer in the school to impart education on computer science. We lack internet facility even. So we wish to add another computer and also provide internet connection in the school.
- There is no proper sport equipment for the students to recreate themselves during recess period. If finance permits, we wish to add few sports equipments.
I would request you, if you are reading this, please donate whatever you can manage, because your little donation can change the lives of the children and the villagers at a large. Do pray for us. Thank you!
Whatever supporting documents we have, we are providing below: