Flying Kid is a hunt to identify sprinting talent from children across schools nationally, in collaboration with the legendary PT USHA and her highly reputed USHA School of Athletics located in Kerala, India.
The program intends to conduct the hunt across 100 schools in states of Delhi/NCR, Punjab, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Kerala as a pilot, giving opportunity to 20,000 children. 20 of the top talent would subsequently receive training at Usha School of Athletics.
Estimated expense for conducting the talent identification through a physical test battery are Rs. 25,000/- per school. These are planned to be spent towards:
- deploying assessment team for 1-2 days evaluating about 200 children per school
- buying equipment required for testing like stop watches, measure tapes, etc.
- outreach, logistics and management in reaching schools, and executing the testing
We have faced multiple issues in conducting this privately funded campaign due to:
- excessive time in government procedures for securing such sponsorship
- private schools not willing to spend even Rs. 100/- for such activity due to pressure from parents
- due to focus on academics, parents unwilling to spend for such an athletic talent identification
Sportseed is a first of its kind startup, delivering sports education using Olympic sports as a medium, in schools across India.
Come out and support this campaign to identify Flying Kids - children with sprinting talent from schools in India!