Under the divine guidance of revered swami Purushottamanandaji maharaj of Ramakrishna Math Basavanagudi, Bangalore. Swami Yogeshwarananda established the ashram in Bangalore's 1993.
Ramohalli Lake’s serene lush green environment, which serves as an inspiration to seekers engaged in spiritual practices, japa and meditation. The campus includes the Ramakrishna meditation hall,sanyasi quarters,bramhachari kuteers,Book stall and Sri Sharada Jnanamandir(a free residential hostel for boys). Shree sharada Goushala for deshi cows.
- Perform regular puja and evening Arathi & Bhajans
- Conducting classes on Vedanta ,Bhajans,Bhagavad-Geeta,Vedamantra,Sahasranama
- Conduct regular Yogasana, prayer and School curriculum coaching classes for the Sri Sharada Jnanamandira students
- serve anna prasada to the devotees who visit ashram and the Sri Sharada Jnanamandira students
- Organize free medical and dental checkups as well as medical camps for the underserved
- Conducting free coaching classes and personality development classes for rural students
- Undertake rural development projects that caters to the basic amenities of the underserved people of the surrounding villages
- establish cultural centres in the nearby villages and Yuvakasanghas in order to imprint positive tendencies(samskara) amongst them
- Open Tailoring, knitting and computer centers for unemployed girls and ladies
- Undertake projects on lakes and development of forests for the conservation of nature.
There are 17 full time students staying in the hostel and the number is likely to go up to 25 this year. There is also significant floating population.
We are constantly facing power issues and it is getting very difficult to carry out our activities. We are adding 25 computers and a projector and building a dormitory .
In view of the current power problems and our future requirement , we are planning to install a solar set up in our campus and be free from power utility company.
We have already set up one unit for the Goushala with the help of generous donors.
We are planning to install the second one to cover the hostel, library,kuteer and the temple.
The total expenditure incurred for the project is rupees 7,00,000 out of which the ashram is bearing 2,50,000 rupees .
So we are seeking your help for our cause to raise an amount of 4,50,000.