The Story of Pradip's Family
The family of Pradip Kumar Kundu and Mita Kundu is struggling hard to meet their ends. The situation was quite different till the year 2005. Pradip had a rice shop at Gole Bazar in Kharagpur, West Bengal. He was running his business and family smoothly. His son and daughter were attending a local school. Both of them were very sincere in their studies and wished to pursue it further.
Bedridden After Knee Surgery
But life did not continue to be so easy for them. Since the end of 2004 Pradip started feeling sever pain in his right knee. In the year 2005, he underwent a knee surgery for this. But after the surgery the problem became more severe because of his pre existing diabetes and Pradeep got completely bedridden. Mita took her to the Christian Medical College, Vellore for treatment. Till the year 2013 he has been taken to Vellore 7 times. This has improved his condition to some extent. But due to lack of fund he cannot afford to continue the treatment any more. So far they have spent about Rs. 2.5 lakh for this treatment. Due to lack of fund and Pradip's illness they could not continue their business and it has been closed for about last 9 yeaes,
Present Situation of the Family
The present situation of the family is miserable.
- All of their saving has been spent for Pradip’s treatment.
- Their shop is partially mortgaged because of his treatment.
- Mita visits door to door with a few jewellery items for mere survival. Due to lack of funds she is not able to do this also properly.
- Their son had to quit education even after passing the secondary examination with first division.
- They are finding it extremely difficult to continue her daughter’s education too.
- There are days when they don’t have anything to cook at home.
How You Can Help
In last few years Pradip's physical condition has partially improved. Although he cannot do any hard work, he is in a position to at least go to his shop. With the help of his wife and son he can resume his business if he has the fund for it. Your contribution can help them resume their business and get rid of this miserable situation.