“The best gift one could ever give to another person is education.”– Unknown
Who am I?
Name Is Sayed Owais Mehdi Rizvi - an entrepreneur, an architect, a social activist and an international affair studies aspirant. I always try to stay focused and motivated towards my work and studies, unless there are issue like these that makes you think why one has to go back and forth so much just to study?
Apart from my work, I am an activist and have been participating in various exhibitions and talks for peace in different war and conflict infected regions in the world.
What is the need for this campaign?
Due to my keen interest in International affairs, peace and conflict study, relief projects for health and education, I decided to pursue a degree of MA in international affairs. I have received my offer of admission and have accepted it with a partial scholarship.
My reasons behind crowd funding –
- My parents are old and cannot afford to pay the rest of the amount left after the scholarship.
- After putting in efforts from last two weeks, I have been denied loans from 5 banks that could not give me a loan due to various reasons, one of them being absence of third party guarantee for the loan.
- The Scholarship I have received from college covers only 15% of the total fees.
- The most important reason is the fact that I cannot accept of not pursuing my masters because of lack of funds, and I will do what it takes to get rid of this constraint.
I have applied to various trusts for their contribution in the same and I am waiting for them to respond, while most of them have already denied as this is not MBA, engineering or Medical studies.
Why this Course from JSIA?
The motivation for taking up this course in JSIA is because of the fact that it is India’s first Global Policy school and the program (MA-DLB) is designed as India’s first inter disciplinary social science degree that trains students for International careers and advanced learning in world affairs. The program from JSIA will provide me with all the material I need to build my career in International NGOs and Peace & conflict resolution studies.
You can check the details of the program in the link here,
How are you contributing to my education?
If you think that I should get an opportunity to live my dream then this is how you can help me achieve it.
- The total fees including tuition plus accommodation is $15000, i.e- $3750 per semester. The scholarship received from the University is nearly $2000 i.e - $500 per semester.
- I have managed to arrange and will put in more efforts to get a total of $2000 from my friends and relatives.
- I need your help for the remaining $11,000 to pursue my career and create an example for others to follow that if you are willing to study or to achieve your dreams then money is the least that you should be bothered about.
If I achieve the target in time and get the required amount then all the excess amount will be donated to a NGO that is working on child education in India, preferably TFI.
P.S – Trust me! My parents are very kind and they have always helped me and supported me in my studies despite several timely financial constraints. They never made me feel helpless. But, only this one time they are not able to help and support me. So, I am coming to you with hope and I humbly request you to help and support me by how much ever big or small amount of donation.
I accept the fact that this is not going to benefit the society directly but by supporting me you are encouraging hundreds or thousands others to pursue their studies and I will make sure that when I'm capable enough I will give back to the community, no one has to drop their idea of education or feel helpless for funds.
If you find any issue with the process, You can mail me at email@example.com and I can guide you through the process over mail.
My future rests within your decision to help and support.
Thanks a ton for reading this, May God bless us all!
Note: I have published the same campaign on another online portal. But due to lack of response i decided to shift here.