I am Sankar. Since 18 months, I have been working in government schools in Churu district of Rajasthan as a Gandhi fellow, to ensure the quality education. After working here, I have realized that if we want to empower our rural government schools, we need to improve the leadership skill of the headmaster because running a small school is like running a small business, The headmaster of the school has to manage everything like teacher, students, community, budget and documentation, But Headmaster of the school is not trained to do that. They trained to teach math, science and language. Due to lack of management and leadership skills of the headmaster leads to slow development of school and students.
At the same time, Private schools cater only to the top 20 % of population. As per the ninth Annual Status of Education Report (ASER), 29 per cent of enrollments in the six-to-14 age-group are in private schools. This is a 10 per cent increase in seven years from 18.7 per cent in 2006 to 29 per cent in 2013(Ref No:3). Bottom populations of landless laborers are never going to be able to afford private schools for their children. This imbalance in opportunities for children from different socio-economic background translates into further inequalities in quality of life in the future. I want to eliminate the divide by enabling government school systems to provide quality education to children. Therefore, I am starting one month internship program for graduates called PLDP (PRINCIPAL LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM).
In this program, I am going to recruit skilled graduates from top universities in India, who are interested in social change. They will be sent to government schools to engage with headmaster, teacher, students, community, and local government bodies to leverage all available resources for school development. The graduates shall facilitate growth of leadership skills in the Headmasters. Throughout this program, we have designed processes for the fellows, both for school development and self-development.
- Offer the opportunity for interns to experience the grass-root problems, which exist in rural government schools and communities.
- Build the understanding on leadership ability of interns by facilitating in them Self Awareness, Collaborative work and Influence Without authority (IWA).
- These competencies are built in interns by giving them an opportunity to work with government school system and community and facilitate the growth of headmaster.
- Enhance the students learning outcome by ensuring the teachers best approaches and practices in classroom.
- Ensure the Head Masters efficient management of the school by developing his/her leadership ability toward achieves the holistic development of school.
5 interns, 5 schools, 5 headmasters and 1000 students
Location : Churu, Rajasthan,
Beneficiaries : 5 government schoolsContact Details:-
Mob : +91-9116002315 and +91-9566752736
Mail ID: email@example.com
Phone bill with internet
Others (Meeting, sessions and etc.. )