The love for the less fortunate and the voiceless drove ordinary people to come together and form this organisation located in Noida,India,. Every time we helped someone in need we realized the importance and impact of it. We saw the number of our rescues and happy and grateful faces growing everyday and this motivated us to multiply this many fold and grow an organisation dedicated to the cause we firmly believe in.
Posh Foundation is currently raising funds to restructure our Animal Shelter hence building NCR's first green and happy animal shelter.
For years, the organization has been rescuing animals from cruelty cases,accidents,illness. The organization recently completed its new kennel facilities for stray animals, which was also constructed with the earth in mind. A modular and interchangeable system was used, ensuring reuse of the facility should the location ever need to change. In addition to the modular design, the facility utilized cow dung and fodder for walls and recycled and insulated roof panels,solar power to generate electricity and rain water harvesting.
This "little animal shelter that could go green" joins just a handful of similar people that have attempted to decrease the footprint associated with the good work they do.
The costs of buying and implementing the parts to complete the project listed below is Rs.1,92,000/- :
1) A natural coolant system called Cow dung walls covering.
2) Fodder roof tops to fight back extreme heat in summer
3) Recycled roof sheets to reduce carbon foot prints .
4) Horse enclosure cum shed for our blind rescued horse Masti
5) A goat shed for our rescued goat Mangal we saved from a slauther house .
6) Installing a borewell to solve our water problem.
7) A 3 feet deep pound for rescued ducks from an abused pet shop.
8) A defication pit for natural waste management.
Good for the Environment and Animals
“Our goal was to reduce our carbon paw print,” “The volunteer architect incorporated
natural light, a beneficial air circulation system and numerous energy and resource-saving elements to create an extraordinary environment for both the animals and employees.”
So help us setup this dream project and one of a kind in India because every life deserves a second chance .