👉 We will use this fundraiser amount in two ways:
1. To support 400 families with immediate food supplies and educational supplies.
⚡⚡Why don't we want to use all the funds for only buying ration supplies?
👉Simply because buying food supplies doesn't fix problem in the long run. It makes our community dependent rather than inter dependent. Plus these 50 families don't own a farming land, they are all daily wage earners, and agri labourers. Hence a community model of farming will help them meet their daily as well as future needs.
✨✨If you resonate with our approach, here's what we request you to do:
👉share this campaign with people in your network.
- Ration kit: Pulses, Vegetables, Grains, Cooking Oil, Salt, Sugar, Soap
- Notebooks and school supplies for children“The fact is that given the challenges we face, education doesn't need to be reformed -- it needs to be transformed. The key to this transformation is not to standardize education, but to personalize it, to build achievement on discovering the individual talents of each child, to put students in an environment where they want to learn and where they can naturally discover their true passions.”
― Ken Robinson
About Insight Walk
Insight Walk Education is a registered non-profit organization based out in rural Kolhapur, Maharashtra. We run an 18-month rural fellowship program for women fellows who work with 40-60 children from the respective village in an after-school intervention program. Our fellows are community women from the same village who go through rigorous training and receive continuous support during their fellowship.
About Solidarity Art Farm Museum Project
What started as a mere organic farming project has now become a museum completely managed by kids from the age group 6-14.
It is a space where children learn journalism, community research, documentation, photography, organic farming, miniature art, innovate from trash, make organic colors from flowers and plants, use paintings, illustrations, block-printing, hand embroidery, poems, storytelling, etc to document their community and much more.
2. Several farmers from the nearby villages visited our museum and asked kids about how they managed to grow turmeric without any chemical fertilizers.
3. Kids from our arts lab at Golivane vasat in Bhendavade village of Kolhapur district converted their painting to a farm.
4. A robot that sketches circles for children.
5. Vacuum cleaner using trash
Note: Donations to Insight Walk benefit tax exemption.