To develop a model forest area by surviving planted native trees with the help of local villagers and to support government in plantation drive.
Tucked away in the arid Pune district of the western Indian state of Maharashtra, The Hivare receives less rainfall than most and is categorized as a drought affected region. It is about 30km away from Pune and 3 km from Saswad. Hivare is having population of around 2000 with 400 families. As Hivare receives less rainfall farming is dependent only on rain water. We can found trees like custard apple, limb, Maharuksh etc in this area. As it is somewhat near to cities like Pune , Saswad people used to go there for employment .
- To help to forest department and villagers in increasing green cover.
- To motivate villagers for water conservation and plantation.
- To make this region as bio diversity park.
- To increase shelter area for birds and other wild animals.
- To motivate the community for participating in water preservation and tree plantation activities.
Nisargaraja Mitra Jiwanche has gained immense knowledge and relevant experience in tree plantation and survival of trees. Organization is participating in social activities related with environment from more than last 9 years. They have team of skilled people with expertise in the Botany, Geography, Cartography, Accounting and IT sectors.
Project components and process systems
- Motivation of the beneficiaries in direct participation in the actual program.
- Arranging meetings to make people aware of the advantages of preservation of trees.
- Educating natives about various species of trees and there’s usages.
- Guiding people about the various plantation techniques, that will help to survive planted trees.
Internal auditing is assigned to the project Accountant under the supervision of the project Director. Weekly account statements are verified with the reports of the project Coordinator and Community Organizers, engineer etc. in the weekly review meetings. The service of the Accountant’s assistance is utilized for the internal auditing of the project account as and when necessary / at regular intervals.
Benefits of project:
- It will increase number of native trees which effect increase in number of birds and animals
- As trees will grow it will help to increase ground water level.
- This assigned place can be developed as Bio Diversity Park.
- It can be developed as Tourist Destination.
- It will facilitated to develop Eco system in all aspects
- This will automatically help in increasing employment for local villagers.
Under observation of Forest Department and with the help of Villagers we will survive trees. For surviving trees it includes watering, frequent maintenance, supervision, mulching and fertilizing (Organic fertilizers) trees. We will arrange monthly meeting with Forest Department officer’s and Villagers.
For three year prolonged work project, budget is as below.
|Sr. No.||Work Details||Particulars||Qty||Rate||Cost involve|
|1||For watering planted saplings in summer and winter sessions we have to install enough water tanks in assigned project area.||5000 Ltr Tank||5||35000||175000.00|
|1000 Ltr Tank||10||4500||45000.00|
|Water Pump (2.5hp)||1||10000||10000.00|
|2||To save water we will adopt drip irrigation system for this project.||Installation of drip system (pipe, joints, drip nipples, taps, valves, T connecter, connector, reducer etc.)||200000.00|
|3||Multipurpose water pond. (It will help for watering plants and it will be a great source of water for animals, birds)||To dig area for creating pond size 5mtr (Length)X 5mtr(Width) X 2mtr (Depth) approximate 50000 ltr storage. To cover this with plastic paper.||1||60000.00|
|4||Pipeline system from farm pond to drip water supply tank||To cover around 1.5km area, approximate 2000m pipe is required. It include installation cost||40000.00|
|5||Water Tanker||From November 2017 to June 2018, Per month avg 10 tankers||80||1000||80000.00|
|From December 2018 to June 2019, Per month avg 10 tankers||70||1000||70000.00|
|From December 2019 to June 2020, Per month avg 10 tankers||70||1000||70000.00|
|6||Food and Travelling expenses||For 3 years project more than 2000 people will involve in this project from forest department, villagers from outside organizations. Their travel and food, Transport charges||200000.00|