Naisha is naughty and playful- just like any child of her age. Except one visible difference, Naisha was born with Cleft lip & Cleft Palate.
Cleft lip and cleft palate are openings or splits in the upper lip, the roof of the mouth (palate) or both. Cleft lip and cleft palate result when facial structures that are developing in an unborn baby don't close completely.
The family are so proud to have a daughter according to them, God has sent their angel to them who will take away all their miseries. Naisha's parents had Love Marriage and living on rent in delhi with no family support.
They have taken Naisha for consultation in Holy Family Hospital where, they were very happy to know that their naisha can have a normal smile after a corrective surgery. Doctor's gave them an estimation of Rs.35,000. The family is going from a very tough phase as father lost his job and they are somehow managing the house
With her facial deformity, Naisha is facing difficulty in sucking milk.
According to doctor, if her cleft palate have not repaired she may face following difficulties:-
- Difficulty swallowing, with potential for liquids or foods to come out the nose.
- Ear infections and hearing loss. Babies with cleft palate are especially at risk of developing middle ear fluid and hearing loss.
- Dental problems. If the cleft extends through the upper gum, tooth development may be affected.
- Speech difficulties. Because the palate is used in forming sounds, the development of normal speech can be affected by a cleft palate. Speech may sound too nasal.
- Challenges of coping with a medical condition. Children with clefts may face social, emotional and behavioral problems due to differences in appearance and the stress of intensive medical care.