Computer Training for rural poor children, who studying in Govt primary
and Aided school
Children who are studying in Govt school with low infrastructures are beneficiary of the programme. 461 students in one year ie 10 months and 10 schools will be covered by the program. Basic computer knowledge, parts of computer, internet, MS word, paint, typing, etc will be covered in the training.
The issue, problem, or challenge
Tirumayam and Arimlam blocks in Pudukkottai is very backward and drought hit area. Literacy rate is very low and no more industrial activities are there. Rural schools are with lack of infrastructures and facilities and lack of interest in education and development are existing. Parents are mostly physical labours working in agriculture activities, stone quarry and construction labour.
Education standard is very poor because sufficient teachers and their
involvement are very low. So day by day children are become dropout and most of them are very low standard of education. They are seeing and touching computer still. They are only seeing it in TV only.
They are in needs of encouragement in education and some knowledge in
computer that is very important. In the aspect, VENBA Trust is motivating parents to enroll in school and monitoring continuation of education in the areas. Educational materials support and tree plantation in the schools has been organized in the last 3 years. So we are maintaining in contact and good relationship with the schools and students.
When computer training and continue motivation are done in the school, dropout will be stopped and computer knowledge will be developed. So the program is very important to be implemented.
Target village/school: 10 villages/10 schools as shown below in Tirumayam
Taluk, Pudukkottai district.
Village School Name Studs under training
- K.Chettipatti | PUES (Panchayat Union School) | 40
- Rayavaram | Grama Seva Sangam Primary School | 42
- Ayingudi | PUES (Panchayat Union School) | 38
- Kottaiyur | Panchyat Union Middle School | 75
- Sengeerai | PUES (Panchayat Union School) | 35
- Anaivari | PUES (Panchayat Union School) | 40
- Nallipatti | PUES (Panchayat Union School) | 35
- Rayavaram | SKT Gandhi Aided School | 55
- Munasandai | PUES (Panchayat Union School) | 35
- Kadiyapatti | PUES Middle School (Govt Aided) | 66
Main objectives of the proposed activity:
- To motivate parent and children in computer education in 10 rural villages.
- To avert school dropout and break in education.
- To give computer knowledge and development.
4 computers are purchased and used in school. One month training will be
provided in each school.
After one month training completed, the computers are shifted to next school. Similarly 10 schools will be by 10 months program.
Three teacher/trainer are deputed in the programme in that one is teaching
theory when two make practical training.
The three teachers will take training one month in one school and then they will do it in next school. So in ten months, they conduct training in 10 schools.
Theory and practical on computer will be given. 3 hours in working and half day in holidays will be done by training.
We are getting permission and support from schools and educational department people for the training.
School building, electricity and furniture will be used from schools.
Training syllabus and materials are provided.
10 rural villages’ children will be promoted in computer knowledge and school going.
461poor children will be protected from school dropout and breaking of
Parents and rural people will be empowered in important of education and
Sustainability of the project :
- Once trained children will get interest in education and continue school going.
- Computer knowledge will be very useful on future life of the children.
- The computers will be used for new beneficiaries/area in the second and succeeding year. So the programme will get sustainability.
Sl No Activity Explanation Grant
01. Computer 4 no x Rs 27500 : 110000.00
02. Training materials 460 no x Rs 20 : 9200.00
03. Software and accessories : 10000.00
04. Salary 3 trainer x Rs 3000 x 10 months : 90000.00
05 Travelling and other 10 months x Rs 1000 : 10000.00
Fund request from Peoples Rs 200000.00
Venba Trust /NGO Rs 29200.00
We are grateful for your help!
by Venba Team