India is currently in Stage-2 of #CoronaVirus crisis and may soon enter Stage-3. Due to Coronavirus, people are at home and prefer doing chores themselves. The people most affected by it will be those in India’s unorganized sector & slums i.e. daily wagers, maids, house helpers, cleaners, drivers, construction site workers, plumbers, electricians, delivery boys, etc., and their financial wellbeing will be directly impacted by their inability to earn their daily wage.
(a) Food (Initially the cereals like wheat flour, dals etc)
(c) Direct Cash to the needy (Case to Case basis)
We need the support of the local administration in 2 ways:
1. Help us identify the BPL beneficiaries
2. Deliver the supply to the needy. In case a delivery partner offers help, it would be great.
1. We cannot withdraw money for our own benefit.
2. There were 2 more initiatives from my side. One of them was for the Families of Pulwama Martyrs. We raised 31.2 lakh (with the support of my IIM friends). We donated that entire money to the "DIG IT CRPF" in CRPF HQ New Delhi (At that time he was also in-charge of "Bharat Ke Veer"). https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-sandeep-kumar-shivhare
3. We will request the Government to provide the details of needy people. Else help from reputed organisations/NGO will be sought. We will ourselves go to the nearby slums (after the curfew situation)
#IndiaFightsCorona #CoronVirus #CoronaVirusFund #DailyWageWorkers
About Myself/Campaigner: Sandeep Kumar Shivhare, IIM Rohtak and VIT University Alumnus. Currently working in an MNC in Delhi. Earlier I have raised money to support the families of soldiers martyred in Pulwama (Feb 2019), we are able to raise INR 31.2 Lakh and donated the same to DIG IT CRPF in Delhi who heads the Bharat Ke Veer Funds - https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-sandeep-kumar-shivhare
In-line with our stated policy re: fundraising during calamities, THERE WILL BE NO FEES charged by Milaap.