We are a small team of Teach for India Fellows teaching 92 students of Grade 7 at a Government school in Yerwada, Pune. This year (2019), we have decided to revamp and change the way we want our classrooms and learning to look like. From having dull walls to having bright colors to bring about positive energy. To only having chalks and duster to getting e-learning interactive tools and access to interactive worksheets for the classroom. As our class motto says, by Dr Seuss “It’s not about what it is, it's about what it can become. ”
And, with this belief, we can transform our dream classroom to reality.
- Buckets of wall color paints.
- Classroom Supplies for the year, which will include literacy and arithmetic worksheets and stationary.
- Educational trips to Museums and football practices at the club.
- 2 computers to be installed in the classroom for the kids to have access to resources and for their research work.
- 1 Cupboard.
- Books and additional resources for their scholarship exams.
- Art and Craft Supplies.
You can see our day to day school life on our Instagram page - Vini-6