Through the course of our fellowship with Teach for India in the last year, we have observed most of our kids to be visual and auditory learners.
"The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it from you"-B.B King
We envision our kids to grow up to be intelligent, skilled individuals with a kind heart which highlights the true value of education devoid of rote learning.
The funds that we raised which was close to Rs.131,327 in the last academic year (2017-18) were utilized for 93 kids across three classrooms in the following areas:
1. Reading resources and story books for each class.
2. Print outs of study material, worksheets, assessments, activity books and notebooks.
3. A projector and sound system to encourage learning through the use of technology.
4. Field trips: Trip to the Egmore museum (arranged for transport and lunch as well)
5. External curricular and co-curricular opportunities: Bought sports equipment, enrolled kids for Cricket,Karate and Bharatanatyam, bought costumes and materials for inter-school competitions, transport and related logistics for inter-school competitions, took kids for an MUN, took them to write international Olympiads (GK,English,Science and Math) organised by SOF among many more.
We seek your help in enabling our children immerse themselves in different ways of learning for the next academic year, 2018-2019. We envision for this to foster holistic development and a strong sense of community and social responsibility in the children.
The funds raised will go towards the following items in the current academic year for 93 kids in 3 classrooms-
1. Reading resources and Experiment kits : books, dictionaries, reading comprehension packets.Rs. 74,400 (Rs.800 per student)
2. Student supplies : prints of worksheets, assessments and activity books, notebooks, art material.Rs.27,900 (Rs.300 per student)
3. Classroom resources : Stationary,benches,tablets,Wifi that enables technology driven instruction. Rs. 50,000
4. Field trips: Entrance fees, transport, other logistics Rs.93,000 (Rs.1000 per student )
5. External academic and co-curricular opportunities: Sports equipment, Training and coaching fees(continuum of karate and Cricket coaching) costumes, materials, transport and related logistics, Board games which enable to build vocabulary Rs.1,50,000 (includes resources for whole school)
We welcome any kind of help we can get, be it in the form of donations, materials or knowledge, and your well wishes and blessings for our kids.
We extend our deepest gratitude to everyone who has contributed towards making a sustainable difference and building an environment where our children can play, learn, and grow to become independent thinking and responsible individuals
If you’d like to know more about our children, their classrooms and needs, or would like to understand more about our work at Teach for India, please reach out to us at email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.