- Clean drinking water is one of the fundamental requirements of good human health and must be accessible to all.
- In order to ensure proper physiological functioning of the body, water is required.
- It is important to revitalise the internal organs and provide them support. Clean water helps to remove toxins from the body. It forms an important component of body fluids such as blood, lymph etc. Body fluids are required to freely transport nutrients and oxygen to different organs for their proper nourishment.
- Unclean and impure water is a major source of diseases such as cholera, hepatitis and typhoid etc. These diseases are a major cause of death among the children and adults across the world.
- According to the World Water survey, 31% of Indians had been in a situation where it was unsafe to drink water but had to consume it given no other choice and thereby suffered from water-borne diseases such as diarrhea and gastroenteritis.
- While the affluent class depend on the purified water and packaged or bottled water, this class of consumer constitutes less than 5% of the total Indian population. As on date, over 95% of Indians still depend on free sources of water and other unreliable water sources.
FEATURES OF LIFESTRAW COMMUNITY WATER PURIFIER
- It contains a 25 liter source water tank and a 25 liter safe water tank, with a lifetime capacity of approximately 25,000 gallons (100,000 liters) that allows it to serve 100 people for 3 to 5 years.
- It is is easy to assemble on-site and requires no batteries, spare parts, or chemicals.
- It meets the highest requirements of the World Health Organization and the US EPA.
- It removes virtually all viruses (99/999%), bacteria (99.9999%), parasites (99.99%), and microplastics (99.999%) from water.
Muskan is a registered NGO actively involved in community building and development. We have been actively taking up causes that require attention. Our field of work has a broad horizon including community development, disaster relief funding, women empowerment, girl child education, mental health, cancer and older people.