The Voices of many such Persons with Disability and their parents gave birth to the need to build Saanidhaanam
MISSION & VISION
'Saanidhaanam' a home away from home at Palghar District for people with physical disabilities and senior citizens, to share happiness, provide care, medical services, therapy, vocational; and recreational activities, nutrition, wellness, safe, accessible and comfortable life style.
The broad goal is to ensure that the residents get a reason to live and improve their quality of life under the supervision of experienced professionals
- To build a home for the most vulnerable section of the society, the disabled and the senior citizen who are unable to take care of themselves …..to maintain their quality of life with dignity.
- Concern of parents about the future of their child (with physical disability) after them.
- Gripping fear of exploitation, molestation, abuse of the disabled
- Fear of cheating, murder and loneliness of the senior citizen
- Very few homes available with secured facilities of training, medical and care all under one roof.
- Unavailability of reliable trained caregivers .
- To provide assisted living facilities and other amenities to persons with physical disabilities and senior citizens.
- To develop a home for senior citizens and persons with physical disabilities.
- To enhance wellness of residents through health, literacy, livelihood and social activities
- To conduct assessments and develop individualized intervention plans.
- To then provide a holistic approach to therapy, functional literacy, nutrition, recreation, rehabilitation, support and care for the residents.
- To facilitate interaction between senior citizens and persons with disabilities.
- To provide the necessary basic medical facilities.
One acre land with clear titles has been acquired at Wandivali, Palghar by the Team Saanidhaanam. . Preliminary work for construction has commenced on site. Water and electricity connections have been acquired after completion of all formalities. The boundary of the land has been highlighted with plantation and boundary walls. The architectural plan of the project has been prepared and approved by the Team Saanidhaanam based on the requirements of the project. The funds raised till date have been used in the above preliminary construction and foundation work. Phase one( with constructed 5000 Sq Ft) is expected to commence by December 2019, providing a residential home for fourteen beneficiaries (People with disabilities and senior citizens). The home will provide all services under one roof - residential, medical, a vocational and rehabilitation. Thus, relieving the mental stress, and anxiety, of the parents of people with disabilities and families of senior citizens..
ABOUT THE TRUST
SUNDAR JESSARAM KATARIA FOUNDATION
SAANIDHAANAM is backed by Sundar Jessaram Kataria Foundation. Reg No : E-25292, 80G IT Reg No.: 1289
The foundation is covered under the Trust Act and has advantages of exemption under 80-G. The foundation will provide all services to senior citizens and physically disabled through Saanidhaanam vide an MOU
PATRON: MS. PRIYA DUTT RONCON
DR. SUNDAR KATARIA : (B. E. Mech., P.H.D, Quality)
Ms. SANGEETA JAGTIANI VASWANI
(M.Com, Diploma in Special Education)
Ms. SHOBHA SACHDEV
(M.Sc, Diploma in Special Education, Masters in Resource Mobilisation)
Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
The consulting faculty consists of multidisciplinary experts from the field of neurology, psychiatry, orthopedic, therapy, dietician, fitness, counseling and other para medical fields.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY CONTRIBUTING.....