WHAT ARE OUR RESOLUTIONS FOR EARTH DAY (April 22) & ENVIRONMENT DAY (June 5)?
HOW MANY RAINY SEASONS, WE MISSED TO PLANT?
DO WE COMPLAIN OF RAISING GLOBAL TEMPERATURES?
DID WE EVER FORGOT TO BREATH ANY SINGLE DAY?
DO WE OWN RIGHT ON THE OXYGEN WE BREATH?
- DON'T WE HAVE PENDING OXYGEN DEBT ON US?
Roaming Buddha Plantation Festival
Faith for Environment / Culture for Climate Change
Ecologically Sensitive Cultural Intervention to Fight Climate Change
- 3 Reasons
- 2 Countries (Nepal & India)
- 5 Destinations (Lumbini, BodhGaya, Saranath, Kushinagar, Nalanda)
- 3 World Heritage Sites (Lumbini, BodhGaya & Nalanda)
- 1000 Saplings in each destination
- Whole community as a family celebrates this festival
- A Community Lead Plantation Festival in these destinations
- An Annual Festival
- Recurring during rainy seasons
- Replication possible across the Globe for any 'faith'
- Lets Celebrate it to establish this green case study for green future..!!
We used this approach successfully in India in 9 States, visit here for our other successful initiative in north-eastern part of India www.JadavPayeng.org
By indicating three reasons we are asking the Buddhist Sanghas and disciples to take up plantation during Varsha Vassa / Rainy retreat season by doing a meditative act called sapling plantation.
Since its inception in August 2016, we have made substantial progress and made people, Monks & Nuns from 49 countries to plant the saplings.
First sapling is planted by the Joint Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Government of India & Vice Chancellor, Nalanda Mahavihaara University, Nalanda
Face Book Pages: Plantation Festival, Buddhavanam
Websites: www.PlantationFestival.org, www.BuddhaVanam.org
REASON 1 : Buddha likes Gardens, His life is full of Trees and Nature
- Birth is under in Sal tree (Shorea Robusta) in Lumbini Garden
- Enlightenment is under Sacred fig tree (Ficus Religiosa)
- First sermon is in Mrigadava / deer park, Sarnath
- Attained Maha parinirvana under Sal trees (Shorea robusta) &
Siddhartha spent his life in Gardens / Nature with his disciples
REASON 2 : Gifts Heartily Accepted by Buddha are Gardens / Vana..!! Buddha whole heartily used to accept the Gardens as the most preferred gift from his disciples. Not only accepting the gardens, but also he used to reside in them with his disciples.
During his life, he accepted three gardens and resided in them. There after many kings offered Gardens / Aaramas for Buddhism.
- VenuVan, Rajgir is one of such park offered to Buddha by Raja Bimbisara. Here he stayed for 5 vassas, 14 years.
- Jetavana Anathapindika’s Garden, Savatthi - accepted from Anathapindika & Spent 19 vassas
- Ambavana, Vaishali - Accepted from Ambapali
The best way to please Buddha is not to offer him riches but plantation, offer him Vana / gardens by not ignoring any rainy season.
REASON 3 : Vanaropa Sutta (Reference: Tripitaka, Saṃyutta Nikāya)
Disciple asked : Am wasting 1/3 of my life in sleeping - not doing any good deed, not even thinking good for anyone..!!
In whom does merit grow (wisdom/punya) day by day and by night? Who are the people that are well established in the Dhamma? Who are the people that are endowed with morality? Who are the people that are bound for the deva realms?
Buddha said : They who plant orchards and gardens, who plant groves are those whom merit grows day by day and by night. They are the people that are established in the Dhamma, that are endowed with morality and that are bound for the deva realms.
Being the 4th largest faith, World over there are approximately 0.5 Billion Buddhists… If 1% subscribe to this Festival idea, it can give on an average 5 Million saplings & Many Green Jobs to this world ANNUALLY in the form of Nurseries development, Land surveyors, Community Volunteers, Water suppliers during summer season, Dedicated gardeners..!!
HOW THE FUNDS USED
- Each destination would have 100 saplings
- There are total 5 destinations
- One destination in Nepal & Four destinations in India
- This has to be done in partnership with local community
- Youth will get jobs n Salary from this fund
- Once achieved, campaigned well this can become annual festival
- If 1% of Buddhist community follows this idea, annually 50 lakh saplings can come up world over
- So all it needs your help to live this dream idea
SURVIVAL & MONITORING
- GPS Coordinates would be taken & Provided on Website
- Land mapping will be done
- Biodiversity Planning would be under taken
- Government participation is ensures
- Each Temple would create a continued demand for plantation
Annually 10 Million Tourists visit these World Heritage Sites, is estimated to spread the message and create satellite plantation projects World Over. It will create many testimonials as annual Roaming Buddha Plantation festival celebration.
- U can join the Plantation Festival
- Visit these Three World Heritage Sites
- Get certificate of plantation with GPRS coordinates
- Get oxygen credits certificate for the saplings planted
- Can see your tree till 3 years follow up Photographs
- Stay with the communities we work with
- Get T-Shirts and other materials while with us in India / Nepal
- Celebrate Plantation Festival in Your Country
- Many more as we walk together in this Journey
HELP US TO ESTABLISH THIS GREEN FESTIVAL IDEA, by planting the first 5000 saplings in 5 destinations this year… By next year end, we wish to reach at least 15 countries world over. We are inviting partners to take this initiative forward.
The minimum we request you is to Share this story on your (FaceBook / Twitter / Email) social media platforms to reach the message to the other sensible green partners. Thank You in Advance.
Rs 2000 or USD 40 per Sapling Plantation, Fencing and Monitoring - Will create rural employment
Permissions would be taken for Road Side plantation, National Highway Avenue Plantation, Village Lands, Land in the control of Government Administration, Private Peoples Land, Forest Reclamation Land etc
WhatsApp @ +91-94900 69000