Why am I fundraising?
According to WHO 800 mothers around the globe die in pregnancy, childbirth or following childbirth with 99 percent in developing countries. Severe blood loss accounts for 31 percent of mothers' deaths in Asia.
India, which boasts a population of 1.2 billion citizens, is facing a blood shortage crisis and the World Health Organization is making a plea for blood donations. Currently the country collects about 9 million units each year. The need is 12 million units and donations are only coming from one percent of eligible donors.We at WeCareUdaipur are on a path to decrease this gap between the supply and demand. Firstly, we must answer that why only 1% of total eligible donors are donating blood? A single person can only give blood 3-4 times a year. So it is medically impossible for me alone to reduce this gap. But what I can do is, I can motivate and encourage others to give blood as well. So we at WeCareUdaipur are organizing a blood donation camp in our city with motive of encouraging blood donation.
What do I plan to do with the funds?
Everything comes at a cost. Even blood donation which is free comes with certain expenses. Below are some places where the funds will be used:1. Refreshments for the donors.
2. Certificates for the donors.
3. Rent for Bed and mattresses.
4. Felicitation of the chief guest.
5. Souvenirs for the donors.
6. Banners and posters for the event.
1. How can we want to sponsor the event?Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Where can we see how the event went?
Ans: Keep an eye on our facebook page for update, facebook.com/WeCareUdaipur
3. How many blood donors are you expecting?
4. What happens to the surplus money, say if even after the expenses some of it gets saved?
Ans: The extra money will either be used in our next blood donation event or next event for child care.
5. Where can we see yur past work?
Ans: Check out our past work on our facebook page, facebook.com/WeCareUdaipur
6. We can't provide monitory help. Can we still help?
Ans: Definitely! You can contact us at email@example.com in such case.