Why am I fundraising?
The project aims to generate bio-energy by linking a community to a local biogas plant which would make use of domestic/kitchen waste, animal dung and human excreta together on a mass scale to produce biogas, organic manure and electricity. The project also has several positive interventions which could lead to reducing poverty, improving agriculture and more inclusive ways of providing energy.
- The fund will help us to reach our goal of electrifying more 100 households. There is no as such risk involved in this process because it is a community engagement program once we are done with asset creation the 60% of the project is managed by community and rest by us.
- This campaign will also help us to reach to organize training camps and reach more than 20,000 farmers in next two months.
- Bulbs- 100 @ Rs130 each = INR 13,000
- Wiring and plug point and board: INR 12,000
- Fees of electrician: INR 5000
- Training camps with farmers for promoting Bio-Pesticide and assisting them to practice organic farming. Per training cost: 10,000 with support of local authorities in 5 different districts
- Total training cost 5 districts @10,000 = INR 50,000
What do I plan to do with the funds?
We have successfully installed a small gobar based biogas plant among a cluster of houses in a village- Bathua, PUSA, Samstipur district of Bihar It is based on the Deen Bandhu model with 15 m3 capacity generates 10 KW Perday. This production is utilised for providing 6 hour/day electricity supply to the targeted 50% of the total households in the tola/hamlet within the village and provide electricity to farmers and aware them to use biogas for their motor pump instead of diesel to save the environment and meanwhile increase their savings. The supply of electricity at the initial stage had been restricted to only 30 households we wish to expand it to another 200-300 households. The raised funds will help us in expansion of our service to more communities and farmers. It will help us in covering the expenses such as electrical appliances wire, bulbs, holder, switches and boards.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER?Akansha Singh, a social entrepreneur graduated from Banasthali University, Rajasthan and Masters from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. She always desired to contribute to the society in a different mannner which could save environment and at the same time serve the society too. Interest in waste management and BIHAR as her hometown compeled her to come back and contribute for the welfare of the society. She is passionate about spreading awareness among community regarding how to save environment and use energy within its limtation. When she isn't working on _SocialStart up her favorite things to do are play, travel and spend time with family.
1) How production of methane is utilized for electricity conversion and how much electrciity is been produced?Ans- There is a biogas genset which runs fully on methane gas, no diesel petrol is required. 10 KW is produced per day.
2) How many electrical appliances does community own?
Ans- They didn't have any electrical appliances earlier. It's for the first time our team was successful to provide a bulb and mobile charging point to the beneficiary.
3) Does community pay for the services and how this project is different from others?
Ans- Yes, community will pay for the services but once we set up project and connect all 250-300 households,. Charges are 60 rs per month for per bulb and mobile charging point, whereas earlier they paid 150 per month for per bulb and spend 5 rs per day for mobile charging point in shops i.e. again Rs150 per month.
It also help farmers to reduce their input cost in farming upto 40% by providing low cost irrigation facility and low cost Bio-manure and Bio-pesticide.
4) What will be the rewards?
Ans- Proper Updates/Notification with E-mails about targets achieved and further developments, Send a postcard at your home address (with pictures and message from that particular home) Per Home: Donation 2500, visit tour for communities, Can connect via phone or Skype :)
You can connect us through our Facebook page:
or can directly write/call me :
Email Id- firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: +91-7763087452