I am Rachana Kaur Gothra, a 2015 Teach For India Fellow. Teach For India is a two-year full time commitment where young college graduates and working professional are placed in under resourced low-income schools to understand and solve the problem of educational inequity in our nation.
I teach a class of 30 bright and ambitious fifth graders in People’s Education Society (PES Yerwada), it's a private school which has classes running from grades I to X. I believe that each child in my classroom will achieve great things as I see them engaging and pushing the bar for excellence every single day in the classroom despite the limitations.
I believe where a child comes from should not determine where a person goes as long as we are able to provide them the right opportunities to grow.
To make my children ready for the real world, I need your ideas and support.
WHY DO I WANT TO FUNDRAISE?
I believe every child is unique and this element must be celebrated and nurtured. I am striving to develop a space where I am able to provide each child in my class with the best of opportunities so that they can grow up to be self-aware, passionate and driven change-makers of this nation.
Please find below the ideas in pipeline :
- To purchase a projector to bring in exposure in my classroom and better my instructions
- To purchase classroom supplies (books, art supplies, worksheets)
- To get my classroom painted
- To sponsor children who are dropping out of school due to their inability to pay the fees.
- For executing projects on Science
- To purchase sports equipments
- To hire a football coach
- For organizing educational field trips.
This will only be possible with the ideas and support you provide me in my initiative. Your contribution will go on a long way in defining the future of these children. If you want to help me in any way, please feel free to write to me at ’firstname.lastname@example.org' and I will get back to you at the earliest.
- Is there any other way I can help?
- If you stay in Pune, please volunteer in my classroom, give me ideas/suggestions to improve the school, help the children learn, teach them a few new things and take back a ton of learning and experiences. You can also help by passing this message with your close friends, family or colleagues and help me in my initiative.
- Will I know how my money is used?
- You will be kept updated on the activities done in the class on a weekly basis via mail.